Twisted Slough Livin' at my mommas house, we'd argue every month.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
ONE TIME ONLY SPECIAL, since you asked for it! :D

He stayed beside Towhee through that emotional night, keeping vigil as she stared silently at the mountains yonder. When the morning sun began to rise behind the caldera at their backs and she finally turned to him and spoke, giving him instructions, X looked up at her sharply and nodded, "Yes." He took to the air, winging swiftly toward those distant crags, up and over them.

The sight of a glittering river immediately captured the bird's attention and he banked and cruised toward it, head twisting slowly side to side as he shrewdly scanned the landscape below. Towhee's pack lived on a caldera, which was essentially a mountain with a lake tucked inside it. He kept his sharp eyes peeled for something similar.

He struck gold as he found himself soaring over a nearly identical landmark: Alpine Lake. He circled over it, mapping its width and breadth. When X felt he had made a good mental map, curiosity drove him further west, following a smaller river threading between two stretches of trees. Another body of water caught his eye up ahead, though before the hawk could explore it, something else caught his attention and he gave a deadly cry.

Moments later, he clutched a dead grouse in his talons and swooped to land in a tree at the northern side of a thicket overlooking a swamp. Hungry from all the flying, he quickly tore into his kill.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Livin' at my mommas house, we'd argue every month. - by Towhee - April 05, 2018, 06:27 PM