Heron Lake Plateau oh to be alone with you
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

Redshank had the response that Screech expected, but even if he saw it coming it didn't make it any better. He did not want to put an end to everything they'd been working towards; now was maybe not the time to continue pursuing it though, and he hoped with time that Redshank would understand that. As he opened his mouth to respond Screech caught sight of Sorina, of all people, lurking with the others — and for a split second him mind went blank, giving Niamh a moment to speak up herself.

She had doubts too. Hell, so did Screech. It was hard for him to come to terms with this arrangement and he wasn't going to force any of them to stay - even if they were all (or almost all) very important to him. He answered her first: Their leader, my sister Towhee, offers us one chance. If we join them then we can live on our land as part of their pack — I know, it sucks balls, but it's better than having to start over entirely. Whether they're welcoming or not, the rest of the pack has to fall in line with her, but he did have an idea in regards to that — something that may keep Redshank around as well. But for the time being we know this land, we've been here longer. If we can somehow... I dunno, get the pack to turn on Towhee... Maybe they'll realize it was all a mistake and leave. 

It was unlikely. Probably impossible. But Screech needed them to know he wasn't going to merely accept the situation and become his sister's bitch. Maybe this would appeal to Redshank - if he affiliated himself or not, the other boy was good at causing mischief and they could work together to keep one another safe. Shank, he finally addressed his friend, I don't like this any more than you do, but they are my family. If we find a way to drive them out -- you'd stay, right? But we can't go for the kids. I can't believe my sister would force the pack to move with little kids like that — but we stay away from them, they're off limits. Aside from that, I say we try and use what we have against the rest of them. Are you in?

They were a gang of rogues, united under one cause - or so he liked to think. It was entirely possible that none of them wanted to tempt fate like that; the opinion of the pack was important and they already had a negative image, but if they could manipulate that -- play nice maybe, cause that image to shift in their favor and begin undoing Towhee's rule -- maybe they'd have a shot to earn back their land.
Messages In This Thread
oh to be alone with you - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 20, 2018, 10:05 PM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Redshank - April 20, 2018, 11:24 PM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by RIP Niamh - April 21, 2018, 08:18 PM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 22, 2018, 11:12 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Redshank - April 25, 2018, 12:21 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Sorina - April 25, 2018, 02:09 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by RIP Niamh - April 25, 2018, 06:24 AM
RE: oh to be alone with you - by Titmouse (Ghost) - April 25, 2018, 11:12 AM