Heron Lake Plateau I fought death and lost.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,002 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee paid close attention as Raven offered her feedback, turning her sister's words over in her head. She stayed silent even after the caregiver had finished dispensing her advice, her thoughtful expression broadcasting the fact that she needed a moment to process.

Finally, she said, "You're right. But these particular mistakes could've gotten someone hurt or even killed, Rave. And what I've learned is..." Towhee's voice failed her just then and she simply made a frustrated noise and shook her head. "I've learned that I need to sit down and have a serious talk with Uncle Elwood and Aunt Finley," she eventually added, though it was very clear this wasn't what she'd been about to say originally.

As far as X went, Towhee felt a tug in her chest as she further contemplated the hawk. If she called for him, would he even come back? What would she do if he didn't? She had grown so accustomed to his presence—to all the ways he'd come to help her in everyday life—that the idea itself seemed to put a hole in her heart. If she hadn't told him to get lost, she wouldn't even be in her current shape. "I hope to never have to ask anything like that of him again," she murmured.

The Alpha fell silent again, thinking. If X didn't come back, it would probably solidify the outcome of her conversation with her godparents. The thought dragged a great sigh from deep in the center of her.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 10:38 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:00 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 11:19 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:42 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 21, 2018, 08:50 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 21, 2018, 07:48 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 09:23 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:04 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 03:13 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 08:00 PM