Heron Lake Plateau We are old and our son took the dog away
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
She chided him for his response, but it went in one ear and out the other. The boy spat a few more feathers at the dirt, then shoved the remains he was tearing up across to her without really thinking about it; he was done maiming the poor thing, but the meat and parts were scattered and useless. Looked like she was out of a lunch.

You don't know anything, he countered, Like, literally anything about my family. They're nice to you for a few hours and you're suddenly best friends? I guess you're safe for now, since the pack doesn't have any rivals in the middle of buttfuck nowhere here, but believe me, he sat up there, partially for dramatic effect and partially because he was pretty close to done already, you spend any time at all away from them, they'll pretty much turn their backs and disown you.

It was a fair warning in Screech's opinion; he hadn't meant to wander off and find Liffey, or to get grabbed by Blackfeather, or to ruin his reputation with the Blackthorns by defending his friend (and the promise he had intended to keep) against their ignorance. Everything just piled up and now, he was struggling to keep his head above the proverbial waters of their distrust. If he could save Niamh from the same fate - maybe his troubles would be worth it. I bet Towhee had a few choice things to say about me. That why you've been chillin' with her instead? Think I'm some kind of asshole too?
Messages In This Thread
RE: We are old and our son took the dog away - by Titmouse (Ghost) - May 14, 2018, 04:27 PM