Wheeling Gull Isle one of my turns
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Perhaps any other whisper would have escaped her notice, especially with the waves so close, but she had not heard the name of her god from any other lips save her own since she had left the Woods. It brought her head wheeling about, shocked, to find the brown woman sitting there, having obviously parroted the beginning of her prayer.

It was the first word she'd heard the mother utter, and her ears canted forward in curiosity. "So you can talk," Maegi said, meaning no offense. She'd thought Relmyna would open up eventually, but it hadn't happened; it was a relief to finally hear something non-primal from this woman's mouth.

"What's your name?" she asked, tilting her head. She left the water and padded toward her acquaintance from the Valley, her three-beat gait leaving uneven pawsteps in the sand. She sat down, her long tail salt-crusted and bedraggled from the waves behind her. "Why did you leave the Valley? Where are your other children?"

There were three, originally--she'd seen them near the mouth of the den, from afar. It reminded her, suddenly, of the holes in her heart from her own brothers' absence in her life, and her stomach churned. Her gaze flitted downward.
Messages In This Thread
one of my turns - by Maegi - May 14, 2018, 09:28 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Reigi - May 14, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Maegi - May 14, 2018, 10:04 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Reigi - May 14, 2018, 10:09 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Maegi - May 14, 2018, 10:39 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Reigi - May 14, 2018, 10:49 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Maegi - May 14, 2018, 11:06 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Reigi - May 14, 2018, 11:11 PM
RE: one of my turns - by Maegi - May 21, 2018, 11:17 PM