Broken Boulder "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
As she approaches, his eyes roam over her and the northron - for perhaps the first time - feels shame. Shame of what she is, what she's become. 

He steps back and at once, she feels it in her heart. It's a physical pain that she doesn't quite understand. For a moment she had longed to be close to him, to press her muzzle to his fur and drink in the scent that made her feel like she was home. 

It breaks her somewhere inside, and she thinks it might be her heart. 

The pallid woman doesn't know how to approach the topic of their children. Part of her longs to tell him, the part of her that wants him to know her grief. 

She wants to drag him down to this dark abyss and drown him in it. He's the only one who could possibly understand. 

Selfishly, she wants him to feel her pain.

The fresh ache, pressing against her chest as if to escape the cage holding it, is so strong she nearly collapses.

Her children, their children, are dead. She was tortured trying to keep them alive and she lost them anyways. She buried their son and spent the last year losing her mind about it.

And Horosk wasn't there. Horosk didn't know them. Horosk didn't love them, not like she did. Horosk didn't speak to them everyday. Horosk didn't fight off pyschotic murderers to keep them safe. She did. And she lost them anyways.

Part of her is so heartbroken at seeing him, picturing whether their son might have grown up to look like him , that she wants to hurt him.

But she's the one who fled from him. She's the one that failed.

Another part of her wants to spare him. Wants to hold her children close to her heart and keep them secret. Liri's not sure she's ready to share them. 

"I," she starts, and stops immediately. The grief and the past are caught in her throat, choking her. The spirit clears it and tries again.

"I don't know what...I didn't expect to see you again." 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
"Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 21, 2018, 10:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 11:18 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 03:20 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 04:16 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 30, 2018, 02:11 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 30, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - June 16, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - June 18, 2018, 10:30 AM