Broken Boulder "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her pain recedes as he stares at her, she can find no reason to hate him nor hurt him. It isn't his fault she's so messed up.

Liri feels fresh tears welling up from somewhere, perhaps the hollow place in her chest where her heart is supposed to be. 

She meets his eyes, the same eyes that she dreamed of for years, and for a moment feels that same connection that drew them together. 

If it hadn't been Horosk, if it had been another male - a stranger - who found her, would she have done it? 

Liri doesn't think so.

He looks as broken as she feels and Liri wonders if he can read in her eyes the words on the edge of her tongue, the ones she can't say. 

I'm so sorry. I tried, you have to know that. I tried and I failed them. If I had stayed, if I hadn't left you, they might still be here. 

Horosk moves towards her on slow steps, as if time has stopped itself for them. Liri hesitates, afraid it's a trick for a heartbeat, fearing he will feel what she can not hide if she touches him. 

But his apology strikes her and she finds herself pressing close to him in an embrace. 

She'd forgotten how tall he was, his scent. She buries her head against the ruff of his neck and savors the bittersweet feeling of holding him close again after so long. 

"I should never have left. I'm sorry, Horosk," her voice cracks, and she can no longer keep it hidden. 

She clings to him, as if he can save her from the tide she's drowning in, and tries to hide the thing she can't say.

I think I'm still in love with you.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
"Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 21, 2018, 10:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 11:18 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 28, 2018, 03:20 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 28, 2018, 04:16 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - May 30, 2018, 02:11 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - May 30, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Horosk - June 16, 2018, 12:01 PM
RE: "Did I haunt you, like a ghost?" - by Síff - June 18, 2018, 10:30 AM