Broken Boulder cannot seem to find my way home tonight
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Rolled for odd=success, she gets a fish :)

Liri was unsure about her position here. She knew no one - save for Lily. She'd met none of the other members as of yet. The recluse was done with being on the outside of whatever pack she belonged to. At Broken Antler Fen she had distanced herself from everyone, even those like Pearl who had tried to help her.

Despite her desire to become familiar with the rest of the wolves who lived in the Sanctuary, the wraith came across none of them as she slipped from her den in the early morning. Some, she could smell, were still sleeping and others appeared to be gone. 

Liri picked her way amongst the rocky fields, limping heavily despite her best efforts. Her white coat flashed almost silver in the morning sun which was already warm though luckily, not humid. 

She found herself at a creek in the surrounding woods, cocking her head curiously at the prospect of fish. 

Hunting, something that had been easy enough and a rudimentary task before, had to be learned again once she left Morningside. After Kelina had ruined her leg, she'd survived for a bit on injured animals and carcasses. 

As for fishing, she'd watched a lynx creep upstream and snatch a fish right out of the water. She'd used the technique before and now she limped into the creek to try it once again.

Liri crept upstream - as she had seen the lynx do so long ago - lifting her maimed appendage high enough out of the water to avoid disturbance.

She moved slowly until she spotted a still spot of water on the edge of the creek, just beneath the roots of a tree. Sneaking behind the fish, which faced downstream in its resting place, she paused for a moment to watch the fish where it wavered in place. 

Taking a moment for refraction, Liri lunged. She snatched the fish up and with a snap of her jaws, it gave a dying flop and hung limp in her mouth.

Liri struggled from the creek, scrabbling to get out of it with her bad leg. She headed further up the creek along its bank, looking for a place to rest her leg for a moment. 

Instead, she paused in surprise as she came across another wolf. He was only a bit taller than her, but much leaner. Willowy and girlish were words that came to mind. The spirit was even further surprised when she caught scent of him, most definitely a him though his appearance stated otherwise. 

The skittish woman started when the male abruptly plunged his face into the water. Liri dropped her fish on the ground with a wet flop, one paw raising off the ground with alarm. 

He came up sneezing and sputtering. Liri stepped forward curiously, merely regarding him with anxious eyes. 

"Uhh..," she tried to voice her concern but all that came out was a rasp. With a swallow to dislodge her nerves, she tried again. 

"Are you alright?"
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
cannot seem to find my way home tonight - by Alarian - May 23, 2018, 09:14 PM
RE: cannot seem to find my way home tonight - by Síff - May 25, 2018, 01:21 PM
RE: cannot seem to find my way home tonight - by Síff - June 06, 2018, 10:10 AM