Broken Boulder now i'm feeling things, so be sure
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Kavik for visibility, possibly forward dated a bit?

The morning found Liri straggling towards the very reaches of the territory. The sun was already hot on the back of her head, baking her within her thick winter coat. 

The air was alive with the crisp, warm scent of blooming plants and the chirping of songbirds. Grasshoppers flew up into the air with every struggling step she took, her bad leg catching on the long tendrils of grass. 

It was a beautiful day but Liri's mind was too cluttered to properly enjoy it.

With the swell in the ranks, the forest surrounding the Boulder was now more densely populated with new wolves. This put the skittish healer on edge and she sought after somewhere to be alone.

Not far from the open boundary of Bracken Sanctuary, the ghost came upon a stretch of creek. Here, it wrapped around a low bank and was deep enough before her to swim in. This was far enough that no one would find her unless actively searching for her. 

Liri scrabbled down the bank, paws slipping on the shale. With a bit of splashing and floundering, she found her balance on three good legs. The ruined one, she tucked against her body.

It burned and strained her muscles to walk circles in the still pool of water, but if she had attempted this on dry land she would have crashed. The sooner the healer learned to walk on three legs, the sooner she could hunt. The sooner she could run

Despite the pain, Liri's mind soon strayed to other things, more pressing things. 

She had avoided Horosk since speaking to him, mostly purposefully. But still she could not avoid catching a glimpse of him or a whiff of his scent in the territory. 

Even now, so soon, the lurch in her stomach, the one that usually struck her when this happened, was fading. His scent, his touch, the memory of his lavender eyes, they no longer haunted her dreams. 

But neither did she dream of Kavik. Instead she slept peacefully, for perhaps the first time in years. Her days were filled with thoughts of him, so many that her sleeping mind had no room for him. 

A flash of black in the distance would set her heart to pounding. Kavik's scent on the wind, a glimpse of him, was enough to make her again want more. 

Liri paused, panting from effort. Overwhelmed by what it all meant, the pallid girl dove under the water, coming up to glide gracefully along the pool. If only the water held the answers to all her ailments.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 07, 2018, 01:19 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 07, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 07, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 07, 2018, 05:24 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 08, 2018, 11:02 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 08, 2018, 11:34 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 08, 2018, 12:09 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 08, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 09, 2018, 10:29 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 09, 2018, 07:45 PM