Heron Lake Plateau Chocolate outline
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Niamh's ears lifted slightly when Quixote made a generalized statement about wolves with a stripe...Of course, that meant Finley, Clover, Fiadh...And Niamh's eyes widened. "No way...She's a Blackthorn too?" She breathed, hardly believing what she was hearing. Ceara hadn't told Niamh her surname, and she certainly didn't look like Finley, or any of the others- not with that striking of a pelt. But while the physical resemblance was lacking, the personality one was certainly there. The male Blackthorns seemed pretty decent, as far as Niamh could tell. Elwood- though he was included simply by marriage- was a sweetheart, Tegan was a laugh and a half and Colt was pretty damn cool. But the women-folk of the Blackthorns...They were something else. Now it all made sense. Had she known who she was dealing with, she definitely would have reconsidered chasing Ceara out of her den. "Shit." She murmured. Yep. She'd screwed up. 

Quixote seemed more preoccupied with the fact that she'd insisted that she take care of Screech, and she frowned deeply. Her heart began to beat against her ribcage, pounding, and sending a heat rising to her cheeks. She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head in denial when Quixote lectured her about how Screech wasn't necessarily her responsibility as he wasn't her family, or her mate...Though she failed to see why that mattered. "No. It's not that...I know I'm not his family, and I'm definitely not his mate, nothing like that." She said. She held her breath for a moment, trying to check herself, and finally found the words she needed to say. "It was my fault. I'm the one he rammed into, so I'm the reason Screech nearly died...So I had to fix him." She admitted. Guilt had been eating away at her for too long now- and it actually relieved a bit of the pressure when she got to admit it. She looked away with a hard stare; it was difficult to confess how she felt. She hadn't felt right since the incident- and she had forgotten completely about the fact that she was concussed too- until that moment. 

She nodded in response to what Quixote said. "I did overreact a bit, but I couldn't have helped myself. I just...short-circuited that day. I couldn't even think straight- and when she just waltzed in, I just...I don't know her. I didn't want a stranger waltzing into my den as if she owned the place. I mean...How would you feel? If some newbie just strolled into your den while Raven was like, giving birth or hurt or something?" She asked. "Even if they meant no harm...There's a sort of etiquette, y'know, where you don't like...Just stroll into someone's den unannounced. You like...Ask first. Unless they obviously have permission to come and go, like how Raven does." She said. "My reaction wasn't good. But she did a stupid thing by barging in and spooking me." She said. 

It felt like she was getting no help from Quixote whatsoever, but it wasn't like she'd expected much, anyway. She probably should have gone to Raven- as she imagined the alpha female might have been more inclined to sympathize. She, too, cared for Screech...And as far as Niamh could tell, Quixote wasn't nearly as concerned or invested in Screech's care. "It's good she's been busy. I get that- and I never told her she was being slack, or anything, so I dunno why she started making all that stupid stuff up about me doing nothing. She must've taken it personally, when I kicked her out, for her to start making up lies behind my back...Maybe this is her means of revenge." She theorized, and shook her head, sighing. "It's stupid. I'd have apologized to her if I could, but she just...She leapt down my throat, started spilling out lies about me not allowing anyone to visit Screech, and that I'm being a complete slackass, and refused to chill out." She said. She glanced at Quixote, who until that point, hadn't looked like he cared one bit about how she was feeling. 

"But it's whatever. I want to find her and get this sussed out, and stop her from making up more stupid lies. I just...I felt I should tell you the truth, from my side, before she got to you and started telling you...Whatever it is she comes up with." She said, and stood up. If Quixote wasn't going to hear her at all, about what a lying idiot Ceara was, then she shouldn't have been bothering him.
Messages In This Thread
Chocolate outline - by Quixote - June 11, 2018, 03:20 AM
RE: Chocolate outline - by RIP Niamh - June 16, 2018, 01:59 AM
RE: Chocolate outline - by Quixote - June 16, 2018, 02:32 AM
RE: Chocolate outline - by RIP Niamh - June 17, 2018, 03:41 PM
RE: Chocolate outline - by Quixote - June 17, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Chocolate outline - by RIP Niamh - June 17, 2018, 05:16 PM
RE: Chocolate outline - by Quixote - June 17, 2018, 06:08 PM
RE: Chocolate outline - by RIP Niamh - June 17, 2018, 06:18 PM
RE: Chocolate outline - by Quixote - June 17, 2018, 07:05 PM
RE: Chocolate outline - by RIP Niamh - June 17, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: Chocolate outline - by Quixote - June 19, 2018, 11:38 PM