Jade Fern Grove tell me your convoluted stories through half-rotten mouth
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

With the addition of Grezig to their ragged, mismatched band, food had been easier to obtain. Liri feels inadequate when Kavik returns from his forays with large game. The northron struggles but no matter how hard she strains - hunting big game is an obstacle she cannot overcome. It's not food she searches for as she leaves Illidan in Kavik's capable hands but lavender - to soothe Kavik's frayed nerves.

Liri finds this all less stressful than her protective giant; she'd traveled Teekon for the majority of her stay. Truly, it had seemed her time spent in packs was only a momentary break from her wandering. She'd found much danger but she'd been alone then, vulnerable. She has an added responsibility with the wild child she's taken in but Kavik is with her, Grezig too now. 

Her lover had been unsure about the woman they'd found on the banks of the river but Grezig did not seem like one for lies or deception; she'd been straightforward with them and they could use another able-bodied member in their group. 

The fen she finds herself in has an almost magical air - as if inhabited by some unseen forest creatures. The sun falls in stripes through the thin, arrow-straight saplings - their greedy branches reaching to meet the sun. Beneath her pale paws, a summer's worth of new growth covers the ground not unlike an odd blanket of snow. 

Liri finds the lavender at the edge of a grassy clearing to the northern boundary of the glade. Amidst cricket song and the cooing of the doves who reside there, Liri snips some blooms from the plants with a delicate clip of her teeth. 

Before heading back, the healer rests the lavender gently atop a boulder and flops on her side in the sweet smelling grass. The grass is cool and flowers catch in her fur as she squirms, relieving her itchy places. With a sigh, she rolls in it with joy - coming up green and damp with dew as she shakes herself off.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
tell me your convoluted stories through half-rotten mouth - by Síff - June 29, 2018, 09:17 AM