Heron Lake Plateau I don't know what you've been told
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
This actually happened to my mother, who was working out in the woods at the time...So I'm stealing it for this, heh! It was definitely one of the craziest things she's seen while working in the woods.

Niamh had just witnessed- and nearly been a victim of- one of the strangest sights she'd ever seen in her life. While she'd seen a lot lately, this was something that was in a category of its own, and it baffled her. It was such a strange incident that she didn't even want to lie and say she'd caught the damn thing herself- the true story was wild enough. 

She'd been patrolling the wooded borders to the North when she heard the raucous sound of several crows making loud, repetitive accusations. She'd curled her tail- maybe she'd just wandered too close to their nesting site, who knew. But when she heard a sickening thunk and something fell to the ground heavily beside her, she'd jumped in surprise. The crows, hollering accusations, had been chasing a bald eagle away from their nesting grounds. But the crows were smaller and more nimble, and had harassed the eagle, which had been so flustered by their onslaught that it had slipped up in its judgement for just a split moment- and had flown head first into a tree. 

Its neck broken on impact, it'd fallen to the ground, landing just beside Naimh who hadn't been prepared for something like that to happen- nor had she been prepared to ever come into such close contact with a bird that was as large as this, or as beautiful. Immediately, she felt bad, and wasn't sure what to do with it. While she ate smaller birds, and collected their feathers, it seemed a sin to do so to a predatory bird. X might even be offended. Still, leaving it at the border seemed to be a disgrace, as the crows circled overhead. 

She sniffed the bird, making sure that it was dead, before she gingerly grabbed it by the back of its neck, and began dragging it toward the Roost. If anyone would know what to do with it, X might. And if he didn't take offense to the eagle being plucked and/or eaten, she'd gift it to the alphas, but save some feathers for herself. The eagle was massive, and she had to straddle it as she walked, heart still racing from her incredible find.
Messages In This Thread
I don't know what you've been told - by RIP Niamh - July 02, 2018, 09:48 AM
RE: I don't know what you've been told - by Moose - July 02, 2018, 01:00 PM
RE: I don't know what you've been told - by RIP Niamh - July 02, 2018, 01:14 PM
RE: I don't know what you've been told - by Moose - July 02, 2018, 01:24 PM
RE: I don't know what you've been told - by RIP Niamh - July 02, 2018, 05:06 PM
RE: I don't know what you've been told - by Moose - July 02, 2018, 05:41 PM
RE: I don't know what you've been told - by RIP Niamh - July 02, 2018, 06:35 PM