Wheeling Gull Isle blue heart of the ocean jewel
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
At the girl's acceptance, she spat the paste onto the ankle in question, being as gentle as possible as she smeared it over the swollen skin. "Hemlock and Reed have been teaching me a lot," she mused absently, looking over her handiwork. "My mother was a healer, but she didn't much like me. My father worked with poisons." She gave the ankle one last lick, then drew back, staring at Lainie.

"There, that should do the trick. Keep still for a while; try not to put much weight on it." Then she nosed the celandine toward the girl, a neat little pile. "That's celandine. It'll help the pain. You can eat it; it's like poppy seeds. Sorry if it tastes a little weird." While she waited for the girl to ingest the flowers and stems, she sat back, staring curiously at the other. "What's your name? I'm Maegi."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

To the trained eye, there is a distinct difference between celandine and daffodil. Unfortunately for Lainie, Maegi's eye was far from trained (though she made up for it in enthusiasm). Celandine will heal; daffodil, when ingested, is toxic and can be fatal.

During the course of their onversation, Lainie began to seize, convulse, and eventually ceased breathing. Panicked, Maegi racked her brain for what best to do for the girl who had obviously died by her paw--yet another death she'd witnessed in her young life. This was undeniably her fault, and anyone who came across the grisly scene would know it. There was no way to fix this problem besides erasing it entirely.

The girl dragged the inert, lifeless body to the edge of the cave and pushed it into the sea; it plunged down, down, then bobbed up and out with the tide, a gray mass in the green-blue ocean. Trembling with the weight of what she had done, Maegi departed, knowing that this was a secret she must take to her grave---

No Undersea wolf must ever know what transpired in that cave.

Permission granted by Lainie's player to wrap up with a conclusion.
Messages In This Thread
blue heart of the ocean jewel - by Maegi - July 03, 2018, 08:34 PM
RE: blue heart of the ocean jewel - by RIP Lainie - July 18, 2018, 12:53 AM
RE: blue heart of the ocean jewel - by Maegi - July 18, 2018, 01:41 AM
RE: blue heart of the ocean jewel - by RIP Lainie - July 24, 2018, 11:26 PM
RE: blue heart of the ocean jewel - by Maegi - July 24, 2018, 11:39 PM
RE: blue heart of the ocean jewel - by RIP Lainie - July 25, 2018, 12:21 PM
RE: blue heart of the ocean jewel - by Maegi - July 25, 2018, 05:47 PM