Wheeling Gull Isle do no harm
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
He ignored her warning and ate them all anyway, the drug beginning to take hold. Coelacanth departed with a lick to Maegi's cheek, and she pushed her head against the Aralez's muzzle, like a cat bunting. Once she was gone, the girl turned her attention back to Teamouse. Her body felt limp and heavy, and everything had began to slow down around them; the world grew suddenly smaller.

"My mother. . .loved these seeds." She lifted her paw to reveal the second seed stuck between her toes, and took it with no effort to hide the fact that she was doing so. Her bicolored eyes met Mou's one remaining orb, heavy-lidded and cloudy. "She hated us, and she wanted to escape. So she took these and lay in her den all day, every day, ignoring us. Shutting everyone out."

Potema had come unbidden to her mind, a pale wraith snaking through her thoughts. Though neither mother nor daughter held any sort of love for each other, Maegi could not--would not--deny the connection between them. They were Meloniis, dark sisters, mesmerized by the daedra, the plants that rose from the earth. Her blood was Potema's, and she would never escape that. Indeed, she had almost come to welcome it--for Potema, and Cicero, were her links to Meldresi.

"You look like a ghost," Maegi whispered, her filter gone entirely with the poppy stupor. "Sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm dead or alive."
Messages In This Thread
do no harm - by Maegi - July 03, 2018, 08:49 PM
RE: do no harm - by Titmouse (Ghost) - July 05, 2018, 11:54 AM
RE: do no harm - by Coelacanth - July 07, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: do no harm - by Maegi - July 07, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: do no harm - by Titmouse (Ghost) - July 09, 2018, 11:42 AM
RE: do no harm - by Coelacanth - July 11, 2018, 08:08 PM
RE: do no harm - by Maegi - July 15, 2018, 12:32 PM
RE: do no harm - by Titmouse (Ghost) - July 15, 2018, 12:49 PM
RE: do no harm - by Coelacanth - July 21, 2018, 01:16 PM
RE: do no harm - by Maegi - July 22, 2018, 02:37 PM
RE: do no harm - by Titmouse (Ghost) - July 23, 2018, 09:13 PM