Totoka River a snapshot in the family album
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maegi scoffed, almost rolling her eyes at his response. His cruelty knew no bounds. She shouldn't have been surprised. This was the Melonii way, the Dark Brotherhood way. Every man and woman for themselves. Evidently, that rule extended down to children, as well. Her time with the seawolves had made her soft, though, and blinded her to the reality of her old home and customs.

"It doesn't matter what you knew or what I knew," she responded, teeth gritted. "I was a child. I lost everything and everyone. I loved you, Vaati! I loved you so much." Her voice dipped suddenly low, a rough murmur. "If saying that makes me weak. . .whatever. I survived, Vaati--but it wasn't living. Not without Euron and Ramsay. Not without you."

No, survival did not guarantee a life. Her time in the Woods after the war had been a dreary existence; she had been forced to live without parts of her heart. Even now, the chunk left hollow, barren, by Vaati's absence throbbed, as if it was trying to heal itself--but she knew that the minute they departed, she may never see her brother again. That void would never be filled.

She sighed, shaking her head. Pondering his earlier request. "Skullchaser," she said, finally, after a moment of silence. "He called himself Skullchaser." The hairs on her spine rose at the name, and she resisted a shudder, instead meeting her brother's icy gaze with her own mismatched eyes. Challenging him, to. . . "If you kill him, bring me his tongue," Maegi added, her stare gimlet. "He maligned me, and blasphemed our gods."
Messages In This Thread
a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - July 30, 2018, 06:32 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - July 30, 2018, 09:01 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - July 30, 2018, 09:40 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - July 30, 2018, 10:39 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 01, 2018, 01:00 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 02, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 05, 2018, 02:37 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 18, 2018, 12:55 AM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 19, 2018, 09:07 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Vaati - August 20, 2018, 11:13 PM
RE: a snapshot in the family album - by Maegi - August 22, 2018, 11:53 AM