Northstar Vale If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Mostly just wrapping up some snark that would have been really OOC to leave hanging.

Though Kavik probably meant it metaphorically, Treason decided to take it literally (as it was much more fun to be obtuse) and responded flatly, I stopped.  You stepped forward. And if your response to someone not beholden to you being sharp is to scold them, well...  Shrug.  She was unimpressed with him as a leader and hoped the rest of his minions saw the problems they could be walking into by following him.  Leaders needed to have a far thicker skin than he was showing, especially considering the things she could have said... Oh my.  Treason only had to stall for time until some other Sunspire wolves arrived.  The proto-pack could do better than either of these so-called leaders.  At least she had the excuse of being a soldier rather than a diplomat.

Treason heard one of the subordinates make a good point to one of the overreacting bunch.  Good, some had sense -- unlike the guy who seemed to snap out of his anger.  Or not.  She'd opened her mouth again and some stupid fell out.  She gave the dark woman quite an "Are you an idiot?" stare, Because they weren't always there?  And they definitely exist.  Spoke to one. Carefully, at a safe distance, Said she'd be staying.  She'd returned to her neutrally-annoyed expression by the time she finished talking.  If they did wanna become bear food, it was their funerals -- she'd just make sure to tell that bear that she wasn't going to be avenging any getting eaten from the valley floor.  You know, maybe this pack of fools really did deserve each other.

Then Wraen showed up with a couple of friends.  Wanted someone who was maybe overstating their position?  Treason could nitpick that phrasing all day  -- was kind of missing the important word "a" or "one of" or something.  Either way, Rannoch, Nara, and someone else she didn't recognize except by smell showed up as well.  Backup was here.  Her only other response needed?  A look to Rannoch and a slightly quirked brow when the itty bitty wannabe alpha said to keep an eye on her.  Treason knew what she was doing -- she was following orders, and she could have done a lot worse and caused a lot more trouble.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I didn't know any better I'd say this was a long time coming - by Arbiter - August 10, 2018, 02:50 PM