Blacktail Deer Plateau "I will not sit from the sidelines."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
rolled for odd=success

It was nearly dusk as she watched. The sun had disappeared behind the mountains at her back some hours ago, as it did in the evening, leaving the mountain cool and shaded with the lack of the sun. 

Liri could hear the merry bubbling of the stream some ways behind her, occasionally it was accompanied by the cry of a bird or the croak of a toad. The fae was curled around herself amidst the grass, at the very edge of the world. An odd star twinkled in the sky but it went unnoticed, as the healer's attentions were focused on the Flatlands below. 

A young doe, still faintly spotted, stepped daintily into view - slowly emerging from the tree line. She seemed inexperienced, out of her element. She moved on slow steps and her head whipped around at the slightest noise. Her large, soft eyes likely expressed fear, Liri thought to herself as she got to her feet. 

She didn't often feel bad for her food, it went against her own instincts, but Liri felt a touch of sympathy for the doe as she carefully picked her way down to the Flatlands via footpath. 

Once at the bottom, the fae realized it was a lucky stroke that she was downwind. She crept into the tall grasses, unnoticed by the grazing doe some several yards away. The healer moved slowly, careful to balance her weight evenly on three legs and keep the fourth out of the way. A bit of pride reached her when she found herself close enough to the fawn to see the whiskers on her muzzle, without alerting the fawn. 

Once she was close enough, the healer lunged. The doe panicked, rearing and kicking out with sharp hooves that found marks in Liri's shoulders and ribs. The fae whimpered, clinging tightly to the doe's throat. She was too heavy for the doe to run with, and unable to rear and kick with the weight of the wolf pulling on her jugular - the deer sagged and bleated with defeat as her life was drained from her. 

The healer didn't drop the doe until she was certain it was dead, and only then did she rest the fawn gently on the ground. Small, scarred, and covered with blood, the fae stood in shock for a moment at what she had accomplished. 

With a sudden howl of success, the fae was wriggling with joy as she waited for someone to respond to her call.

Somebody would show up to help her get it back up to the plateau for sure, and then her wolves could all partake.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
"I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Síff - August 14, 2018, 09:18 AM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Elixir - August 14, 2018, 11:58 AM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Síff - August 14, 2018, 12:06 PM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Elixir - August 14, 2018, 12:15 PM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Síff - August 14, 2018, 12:38 PM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by RIP Grezig - August 14, 2018, 12:49 PM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Elixir - August 14, 2018, 12:52 PM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by RIP Kavik - August 15, 2018, 11:22 AM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Síff - August 17, 2018, 08:40 AM
RE: "I will not sit from the sidelines." - by Thorleif - August 22, 2018, 09:35 PM