Neverwinter Forest I guess I'll just go home.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
When Ibis woke up she was, at first, too sleepy to realize that the warm body next to her wasn't @Okeanos; she smelled the sea, which struck her nose sharply, and then the petrichor of the morning's rain and chilling dew across the grass. As she lifted herself free of her bed in the grass she angled her body for a stretch, and noticed the warm red coat of @Ereshkigal beside her; it took a moment for her to remember the night previous. She felt immediately bashful and awkward, groggy from sleep as she was, and nearly tripped on the prone body beside her.

Eventually the two of them were awake and on the move - the awkwardness of the morning mostly forgotten. Ibis didn't want to bore her new friend with any tales of home, nor did she feel confident that she could speak of Lost Creek, or Elysium and her mother, without feeling the loss of either her parents or Lily - so she was unnaturally quiet for the duration of the hiking. They made their way through the ruined forest to the south until it opened up to a broad meadow just beyond, and the drizzling rain had finally ceased.

There - beyond the meadow, that line of trees. That's home. Ibis finally shared, and with a thin smile upon her face she began to lead the way across the expanse. She wondered if her brother would be there waiting for her - or maybe @Mal would be lingering in the woods instead. That thought made Ibis almost miss a step; she didn't want to drive away her new friend because of Mal's poor people skills, but... For now, she'd trust him. They needed the bodies and, for what it was worth, Ibis liked Ereshkigal. Something about her was alluring - but something else, a subtle edge, told Ibis that she'd be able to handle Mal's typically dark moods.

She glanced often to Ereshkigal as they roamed, and called out when the pair were closer to the forest's edge: Okeanos? Mal? I'm back - are you here?
Messages In This Thread
I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 01:09 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 08, 2019, 02:12 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 08, 2019, 08:35 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 08, 2019, 10:10 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 11, 2019, 07:51 AM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 12, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 13, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 19, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Mal - September 19, 2019, 10:29 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ibis (Ghost) - September 20, 2019, 12:13 PM
RE: I guess I'll just go home. - by Ereshkigal - September 22, 2019, 10:30 AM