The Heartwood Light a blunt, grab my gun, slide these old boots on alone.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Another one of her kids was in the wind. Towhee could hardly hold it against any of them, though after finding out @Jack Snipe wasn’t in the vale, Towhee couldn’t breathe around the lump in her throat. This one was particularly unexpected and it hit harder so soon after losing Batman and experiencing the strife at Sweetharbor.

Numb, she walked without paying any particular attention to where she was going. She wound up in The Heartwood. Towhee paused just long enough to dwell on some bittersweet memories before moving toward the glen on its far side. She’d stashed her blanket from Jack there and she desperately wanted to wrap it around herself, curl up in a ball and maybe not move for a while.

A while later, Towhee carried her tattered and worn blanket back to The Heartwood and laid it at the base of the same middle-aged oak she’d rested beneath once before. She thought of Jackie as she lovingly smoothed it, then lowered herself onto it. It didn’t smell like him after all this time, which hurt.

She rolled onto her back to stare up at the trees. The leaves were changing color. Some had fallen. They crunched beneath Towhee as she shifted a little, though of course she didn’t hear them. She could smell them, though, as she took deep, steadying breaths and closed her eyes.

Towhee manifested company. She would prefer @Phox but she would be open to any of her loved ones. It occurred to her that she was currently situated smack dab in the middle of all of them, really. And as much as she delighted in traveling around and visiting each of their homesteads, she found herself willing someone, anyone, to come to her this time.

This is future-dated so I could make these important references in her timeline.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Light a blunt, grab my gun, slide these old boots on alone. - by Towhee - September 27, 2023, 10:39 PM