The Heartwood Light a blunt, grab my gun, slide these old boots on alone.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She glanced up just in time to catch Massaraq saying, “They miss her, anaa too.” As with most lipreading, it took Towhee a moment to process the words, particularly the foreign one. But she’d seen that one enough to know what it meant: “mother.”

Kukutux, she murmured, now grasping the blanket. At least Jack was only gone away, not gone forever. Losing a child is… Towhee caught her brother’s eye but didn’t need to finish her sentence. Your family will be in our thoughts, Massaraq. After she’s had some time to process, I’ll visit your mother—your anaa.

Towhee swallowed a sigh, then shook her head. She’d wanted company so badly just a short while ago. She didn’t want to squander this time with her brother, nor an opportunity to better acquaint with one of the many Moonboys. And even if she wouldn’t visit right away, she could pass along a message to her bereaved friend.

Will you tell her that? That we’re thinking of her? Next time you see her. On that note, what brings you out this way? Were you just exploring? Towhee asked, thinking about his earlier question, the one she hadn’t been able to answer.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Light a blunt, grab my gun, slide these old boots on alone. - by Towhee - October 17, 2023, 08:29 PM