Stone Circle Hearts are wild creatures, that’s why our ribs are cages.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,999 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Tauris finally explained, Towhee exhaled a breath of relief. She did not speak herself, listening with her eyes as the handsome young woman regaled her with frankly a shitload of news, much of it bad. The entire scenario reminded her of the day another daughter-in-law had blindsided her, a memory which now made her suppress a growl.

I’m sorry, Tauris, it sounds like you guys have had a rough go lately, Towhee said, eyes tracking over every inch of her face.

It was, in fact, too much for her to process in the present moment, especially that bit about Germanicus. Towhee would have to stow it and stew on it later. She could tell that Tauris, Fig and the little ones could really use her support right now, not her distraction.

That’s just how life goes around here, she continued with a gentle, world-weary smile, reaching out to touch Tauris’s elbow. I don’t mean to minimalize what you’re going through. It’s just that you’re definitely not alone in feeling bitchslapped by life.

She shook her head lightly at Tauris’s apology and subsequent offer. Of course she wanted to see her son and grandchildren. But Towhee was here to stay for a few days, so she could spare more than just a passing moment to catch up with her son’s partner.

You know how I know you’re a good mom? Towhee questioned rhetorically. You’re worried that you aren’t. Look, parenting is hard as fuck. It’s wonderful, of course, she said, rolling her eyes and flapping a hand dismissively, but it’s also extremely challenging trying to raise those lil’ goobers on top of the rest of this shitshow. Anyway, grandma’s here so you can take what sounds like a much-needed break.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hearts are wild creatures, that’s why our ribs are cages. - by Towhee - November 20, 2023, 08:20 PM