Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,018 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Uncanny valley, Towhee thought as she gazed down at Skipjack, who looked right back at her. Perhaps it was a mean thing to think of her own grandson—and she wouldn’t dare say it aloud—but the way his big blue eyes didn’t actually focus on her face was pretty creepy sometimes.

-“Quit it,”- she said, albeit with affection, reaching out her right forepaw to nudge the boy’s cheek.

“Quit!” Skipjack retorted, swiping at her paw.

-“Anyway,”- Towhee said, trying to ignore his dead stare, -“this is Narwhal’s Respite. And I don’t know why I’m signing…”- she suddenly realized, forelimbs dropping limply.

“QUIT, GAMMA!” the boy shouted, the words unmistakable on his little lips.

Towhee burst into a loud laughing, saying, Apropos. Want to get your feet wet, you turd?

Of course he did. She nudged him in the direction of the nearby stream, keeping a careful eye on Skipjack as he splashed in the shallows. Towhee remained on the bank, partly shaded by a pretty Pacific dogwood.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 18, 2024, 12:34 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Otter - April 20, 2024, 12:30 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 21, 2024, 10:25 AM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Otter - April 21, 2024, 01:04 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 22, 2024, 08:53 AM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Otter - April 29, 2024, 12:44 PM
RE: Magicicada septendecula. - by Towhee - April 29, 2024, 01:49 PM