Lake Rodney But the blood in your heart never dries
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
As he came down to Lake Rodney as he had a couple of times in the past week or so, ever since they'd found the trail from Bramblepoint leading down, Charon's hackles pricked as he found a bloody scene there. Ravens were picking at something when he arrived, and he drew closer, to find remainders of flesh and patches of dried up blood in the grass. It looked as though there'd been a scuffle, what with the amount of blood that had flown here, but there was one thing missing to make it a fully perfected scene...

The body.

He clenched his jaw as he stared at the remnants of, presumably, Lazarus — the trail from bramblepoint'd led here, after all, even if he hadn't found these pieces on earlier visits — and then turned his head sharply upwards to look around. He saw nothing, and it was a mystery to him how Lazarus could have gotten away from a fight that intense after the fall down the mountain.

@Dash or @Floki if you wanna assume they came with Charon and were searching elsewhere for a bit that's fine, up to you guys if you wanna join or no! :) All Welcome!
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
*whistles nonchalantly and throws in Ammie to cause more drama* God I'm just good at this aren't I xD

Ambrosia was hesitant on letting that newcomer, that one with three legs, into the pack. He gave her bad vibes, but she wouldn't be the one to argue with her alpha. Not until she had real proof that he wasn't fit for the fen. 
Today, she'd left the borders, but she didn't bother telling anyone. After all, she was just going for a walk. There was a lingering, stale scent of blood ahead, and it no doubt came from the stranger. 
The tawny woman approached, her tail curling over her back like a black flag as another male came into view. Her pace picked up, head and ears high and pressed forward towards Charon, but pelt flat. The pale man was too close for comfort, but didn't look interested in the fen.... Just the one who was now being harbored within it. Why?  
                 "Looking for something?"
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
more drama is more better ;D

Head lifted when another wolf approached, one with her head held high who carried a particular scent he didn't recognise much. Charon had never been very interested in the pack to the south, perhaps one of the only packs in the region that he hadn't actually asked at about Lazarus. Hadn't even considered it.

She asked if he was looking for something, and he wondered if she knew anything about these bloody remains. And so, unsure whether Lazarus was dead still, he asked, "Do you know what happened here?" He held his breath, hoping that the answer would have something to do with Lazarus' presumed death.
Epsilon
My Dearest Friend, If You Don't Mind, I'd Like To Join You By Your Side Where We Can Gaze Into The Stars & Sit Together, Now & Forever, For It Is Plain To See We're Simply Meant To Be.
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
He answered her question with a question, and while it irritated her to no end, it also made her think. Did he know the smell, maybe better than she? Without a doubt now, being here, it was the man who'd crossed the border. She couldn't remember his name, if he'd even given it. She gave him a nod, coming to a halt a few yards away. Ambrosia gave him no real information, intent on telling him to fuck off if he didn't know the scent himself.
                 "Yeah, I do. A friend of yours?"
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't like her sassiness, but he decided to keep his calm, even though this was really important to him. He took a breath as she admitted to knowing what'd gone on here, and she asked if it was a friend of his. He asked, "Is he dead?" before he reluctantly added an answer to her actual question. "Hardly a friend. I'm looking for him, because he severely hurt my mate after we took him into our pack." At least he felt odds were the biggest that this was that guy -- had to be.

He swallowed dryly as he added, "A white guy called Lazarus?" His heart thumped in his chest as he waited for her reply, willing it to be positive. Speak of Lazarus' death or, at the very least, his whereabouts.
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
Floki had visited Lake Rodney on his own and hadn't found any sign of Lazarus, but he didn't protest when Charon asked him to return. There was a lot of ground there he hadn't covered -- and, to be honest, his search had stopped when he ran into Pyx and Chase. He understood Charon's need to keep looking for the bastard; the whole situation stirred up feelings that were all too familiar, but he did his best to keep Goober and Wildfire out of his mind.

He had separated from Charon, searching through some underbrush set back from the lake's edge, but he lifted his head and pricked his ears when he heard voices. Peering over the foliage, he saw his brother speaking with an unfamiliar wolf. He moved towards them, gaze trained on the she-wolf's masked face as he came to stand next to Charon. He then looked down at the bloodied grass -- evidence that something had happened here, but what? His heart race accelerated in anticipation.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The male asked if he was dead, and Ammie could tell that he wished it so. It was another question, and by now the tawny woman was ready to chase him off and just go home. But then he mentioned he'd hurt someone, and when the coat color matched Ambrosia's heart froze. She went stiff, uncaring about the other wolf who appeared but turning her face away. Her lemon eyes stayed on Charon, and she delved further into making sure this really was him. 
                     "Black on his shoulders, spine? Little bit of tan? Orange eyes? Missing a leg now, and you're standing in the aftermath. What did he do, exactly? Don't know his name."
Anger built in her chest, but moreso at Sebastian than anything. He HAD let someone dangerous into their home. When she finds out exactly what this Lazarus did, oh boy....
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon was growing weary of this conversation, because it seemed that all they ever did was ask their own questions without answering the other's. He had answered hers, but what he got was only more questions — no confirmation of his death. The missing leg seemed to push things in that direction, except why wouldn't she just tell him if he were dead?

Flóki arrived and Charon greeted him wordlessly with no more than a quick glance in his direction, as distracted as the female, as he turned back towards her. "Yes, that's him," Charon said as per her description, although he didn't have a clue if half of those were true — he'd never looked Lazarus over that good, never having thought it necessary. But he was determined that the wolf she spoke of was the one he was looking so, perhaps in part because he willed it to be so. "He attacked my mate — his Alpha female — and hurt her," he repeated impatiently. "Is he dead? Did... Whoever took his leg kill him?" He didn't realise yet that the leg was taken as a chirurgical act, thinking it was someone who had assaulted Lazarus for whatever reason (his cocky face, likely).
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash hadn’t been very close by when the call rang out. They had branched off, hoping to cover more ground in the search for Lazarus. Dash had searched and searched, but found no sign of the male. He quickly made his way to Charon, not wasting any time, and not bothering to conserve energy. The anger he had for the Lazarus would take him a long way.

When he arrived, Floki and Charon were speaking with a stranger, a female. He caught the tail end of the conversation, where the female was describing Lazarus, at least he thought. When he had last seen the male, he had all four legs. Dash had no idea how he could survive with a torn-off leg, and hoped someone had already finished him off. The blood, and the limb, certainly would have brought many scavengers in the area. 

He remained quiet, his hackles raised to show his discomfort of this situation, but he was not aggressive.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
He still didn't give her the details of what he'd done, but that's what she'd been ordered to find out. More questions, ones she didn't want to answer at all, but she would in order to get her mission done. 
                               "I'm trying to find out his background, why he was so beaten up. Can you give me that information? Like what he DID and why he needed his leg amputated? Where he came from?"
The influx of males was a little daunting, but only because three to one she'd have no chance. For a moment, she almost called to her own pack, but her pride overuled her need for backup. Nothing was hostile yet, she was confident that it wouldn't need to be. Still her tail stayed high, and her hackles prickled a little in discomfort. 
                                              "I have the information you need, should you be willing."

Sorry she took such a turn the thread with Lazarus just hadn't gone far enough xD So Ill have to twist this a little bit from her last posts
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
She described Lazarus perfectly, and Floki looked to Charon as his brother made the confirmation. Missing a leg -- the loss of the limb must have happened during or after his fall. Floki's first thought was that he deserved it, although in retrospect it didn't seem like punishment enough for what he had done to Amekaze. The wolves of Moonspear would still have their revenge.

Dash slipped up quietly from behind and Floki flicked an ear towards him, but his attention was riveted on the she-wolf. She asked for more information on Lazarus and his eyes narrowed; Charon had just told her that Lazarus had attacked Amekaze. "He attacked our Alpha," Floki ground out angrily, then added, "He fell from a ledge on Moonspear -- it was a long way down. That's probably how he injured his leg." He snapped his mouth shut and glanced back at Charon, deferring once more to the Alpha male.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon was beginning to wonder if this chick knew anything at all — the only thing she was doing so far was wasting his time. He rolled his eyes and huffed when she asked him again what had happened precisely, but before Charon could snap a reply out Flóki did it for him, saying it the way that he would've, likely, with little patience for her request for repeating. "The fuck more do you want to know? I've told you three times now." He was wondering if maybe she just had an attention dephecit and the reason that she kept blabbering on was because she wanted to pretend she knew shit and was important.

He made sure to stay close to her in case she'd try to run away or whatever. The scent came familiar from when he had met the little girl though. He didn't know where her pack was at, but he'd track her down and find her if he had to, assuming she really did know something. It was worth checking out the lead, at the very least. He felt the urge to tell her she'd better say what she knew for her own good, but resisted the urge in case it'd only make her more resistant than she already was to share her information.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The conversation as obviously not going the way that the Moonspearians wanted. The girl seemed to know exactly who they were talking about, but she refused to give the information that they wanted, and instead took to talking in circles. Dash's body stiffened as he edged toward aggression, giving a low growl. 

Dash was no diplomat and he had little patience for what was going on here. The girl was being deliberately obtuse and he wanted nothing more than to either force the information from her, or leave. It was generally not in his nature to attack another without physical provocation, but she was certainly testing his limits now. He was silent, save for his growl, and waited for Charon's command on what to do.
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
All three of the males turned aggressive, though no actions were taken. Ambrosia, at this point, was more than uncomfortable, but still did not budge. She had a mission to do, so why wouldn't these asses just give her what she needed to know. The grey one, he at least gave her SOMETHING. Curling her lip to show fang and letting her hackles raise, Ambrosia didn't move. 
So far, she knew that the mans name was Lazarus, and he'd fallen off of a mountain because he'd hurt one of the alphas. 
                   "For someone who wants answers, you sure are stiff with information. You expect me to give you what I know in return for some halfassed replies? I wanted the details of what he did and maybe even why, what kind of a man he is. At least I got SOMETHING for my assignment, I suppose."
Ammie rolled her lemon eyes, knowing just how bold she was being in the face of three healthy males. They were out for blood, clearly, and though she was going to be the one they got it from if she didn't stop being snippy, the tawny woman also felt it was her right. These wolves were close to her home, and demanding information that belonged to the Fen. Nonetheless, she'd gotten what Sebastian had wanted, and with a heavy sigh thought now would be as good a time as any to tell these others that their friend was dead. Her voice now was light, laughing. Clearly, he'd gotten what he deserved, and what was even better was that she'd been right. Seb had almost let a dangerous wolf into their ranks. Had he not died right then and there, would Pearl have allowed it? It hadn't looked like it.
                                       "You won't be finding him anywhere again, I can tell you that. Certainly wont be bothering you. The bastard keeled over and died from his wounds, blood loss, not long after leaving the mess you see. Happy now?
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
skipping flóki with permish :)

Only more rubbish seemed to spill from her mouth. It seemed all three of them were growing more and more agitated now, and Charon found his patience growing thinner and thinner. He wanted nothing more, at this point, than to grab her and make her give them the answers. Yet more sharp words poured from her mouth. He didn't get what kind of 'details' she wanted; teeth to skin, what more was there? Did she want precise locations, or what?

She ended up giving her questions a bit more direction; why. Why — did anyone even know why? Did he even know why? Charon rolled his eyes in a derisive gesture as he said, "I don't know why, because he was a delusional idiot who thought he should be Alpha, or whatever." That was the only thing he could guess at, anyway.

Luckily, soon answers came pouring forth and he wasn't sure whether to be relieved or agitated to find out that he was dead. He relaxed visibly, his eyebrows knitting together with a thoughtful expression to replace his earlier frustration now. Dead. He had wished to drag him back to Moonspear, to toss him around a bit, and to give Amekaze the pleasure of eventually killing him slowly. Opportunity was taken from him, but at the same time, they'd found him. They'd found Lazarus; their journey was over.

Charon swallowed dryly and glanced at Dash and Flóki briefly before looking back to the stranger. His tone a little more friendly this time, he asked, "Can we see the body?" He needed closure; he needed to be for sure. He needed to either see the body or hear it from someone's mouth that he knew and trusted — which wasn't likely, as most of those wolves were with him right now.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was my turn! I was still waiting on Floki >_<

Dash had no idea what the hold up was here. Did the female simply not want to give out the information? If not, she could have just said so. She claimed that Charon wasn't answering her questions, and even though Dash hadn't been here for that part of the conversation, he believed his Alpha when he said he had already told the girl what this was all about. 

There was a moment of relief, however, when she told them that Lazarus was dead. Dash's tail wagged for a brief moment, for he knew this was not a time to celebrate. His ears perked when Charon asked if they could see the body. It was then that distrust entered into his brain. He wasn't sure if Charon believed her or not, but he approved of him wanting proof. He couldn't understand why they would want to harbor such an evil wolf; it was likely if Lazarus was still alive, he would turn on them much as he did Moonspear. But, he didn't know Ambrosia, and whether she was telling the truth or not. Proof would be needed. But, would it be given?
Epsilon
220 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Her words flared tempers, and she lashed her tail above her back in irritation, but otherwise just let it go. She had enough of an idea to what'd happened to give Sebastian his report, to prove that Lazarus hadn't been fit to bring in and drive her point home that strangers don't enter their home. When they heard the mutt was dead, things relaxed all around, and though Ambrosia kept a dominant pose, her hackles smoothed and her ears cupped foward at Charon's request.  
                 "The body? Are you gonna take it, or somethin'?"
With a shrug, she turned before there was time for an answer. Her alpha had thought ahead, taken the pale corpse elsewhere to be claimed by whoever wanted him.... Or to rot away in the sun, eaten by something and returned to the circle of life. Flicking her tail in an invitation to follow, Ammie went to where Sebastian claimed to have left the body, making sure to stay far from her home's borders. She hadn't gone with the alpha, but it was easy enough to find his stale scent and follow it, eventually seeing Lazarus' pale, cold, and bloody form limp under a tree. 
                                   "Don't really care whatcha plan on doing with him, but there he is: That is the one you're looking for, right?"
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
Floki's eyes narrowed. Getting more information from the she-wolf was like pulling teeth; she accused the Moonspear wolves of withholding details from her, but they had provided her with plenty. If she wanted a play-by-play of what had transpired between the Alphas and Lazarus, she wasn't going to get it -- and what would be the point, anyway? It had happened, and now they were seeking revenge.

He shot a frustrated glance in Charon's direction, though his ears turned towards her when she did finally indicate that Lazarus had passed away. He felt a simultaneous burst of relief and disappointment -- although he was glad that Amekaze's attacker was dead, he regretted that Charon hadn't been able to end his life with his own teeth. The female obliged Charon's request, leading the three wolves to see the body for themselves.

It was a short journey, and when they came to a halt Floki found himself staring down at the mangled corpse of Lazarus. He wrinkled his lip, wondering what Charon's recourse would be.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon followed in silence, not answering the question. He just wanted to see the body to make sure that Lazarus was really dead. He wasn't even sure what he'd do after; there were no plans just yet. For now he followed the woman in silence, occasionally sharing a glance with Flóki and Dash. Then they finally arrived to see that she wasn't lying. It was him.

He looked terrible, a leg taken and blood everywhere. Charon liked to think that he had suffered for how he looked, in his dying hours, perhaps even days. "Thank you," Charon said with a smile. "Can you thank your Alpha from me, too?" He glanced at the body for a moment in consideration before he impulsively decided, "Let's take the body home so that Ame can see it with her own eyes." He gestured at Dash and Flóki, hoping they'd be up to the task of dragging the corpse all the way home. But Ame deserved it, he felt.

Before he started to haul the corpse however, Charon glanced at the woman and he said: "I'd like to visit to extend a proper thank-you to your pack in the future, when my pups are a bit older. We'll be taking this home now. Thanks again for everything." Things had been tense and rocky at the start, but now that he knew Lazarus was dead it was like a weight was lifted from his shoulders, as though the world suddenly made sense again. Assuming that he wouldn't be stopped by the woman, Charon made to grab the corpse so that he could start taking it home.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The black male followed in silence, letting Charon and Floki go before him, both in respect, and to watch their backs. Dash wasn't sure where they were going, but he didn't want to be ambushed- not that they had a reason to against the trio of males.

He cast his gaze upon the decaying body that was Lazarus. Amekaze would be happy that he was dead. Charon gave the command to take the entire body back home. Dash hesitated, however; something that was not normal for him to do. He wasn't sure dragging an entire body back home, broken and missing pieces as it was, was such a safe bet. It was already beginning to smell, and they would attract predators the entire way home. He looked to Charon. Can we just take the head back? he asked. It would be safer, plus not nearly as heavy as dragging the whole corpse. But, if Charon wanted the whole thing, Dash would do his part in taking it back.
780 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Ranger
Although the she-wolf presumably remained nearby, she faded into the background, as far as Floki was concerned. His full attention was on Lazarus' remains, as Charon proposed that they drag the corpse back to Moonspear. As a scout, he would be happy to offer his assistance to Charon later when it came time to properly thank the female's pack -- but for now, he was squinting down at the body, wondering just how the three of them would manage to take it home.

Dash piped up with a suggestion; Floki agreed with it, simply because it would be much simpler and more practical to take Lazarus' head rather than his entire body. He refrained from speaking, though, instead waiting for Charon to weigh in before moving to help.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon considered a moment when dash made the suggestion and after a short pause he agreed, "Yes, okay, let's take the head." He started to gnaw to take the head off the body, and when the task was done he took it in his teeth. It smelled and was heavier than he had expected, but he would be the one to bring his mate the head, he'd make sure of that much.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Last from me!

Charon agreed to taking only the head, for which Dash was grateful. It would have been a lot of work for the three of them to carry the whole body, and Dash knew they didn't need any uninvited strangers coming upon them because of it. He assisted in tearing the head from the body, then backed off so that Charon could take it. They headed off in the direction of home as Dash's spirits lifted, knowing that Lazarus was dead. He would offer to carry the head for a fair amount of time to give Charon a break.