Blackfoot Forest Even independent souls get lonely.
28 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
The independent soul had wandered further south. After his encounter with Minna, Shadowfur decided to at least come to the pack borders and meet with a high ranking member. Now he stood before a tangle of trees, the northern border of rosings. He  threw his howl to the wind, calling the alpha of the pack. 

As he sat down to wait, the male continued to contemplate his actions. He still wasn't entirely sure about joining. It had been a while since he had been in a formal pack, and a lot had happened since then. His spirit still wasn't completely healed. Perhaps that's why he had decided to try and join. It might heal him. 

Heal him or break him. 

Worry was not a feeling that had entered the male's mind recently, yet now it flooded in. He was worried of what might happen if he was accepted. Would tragedy follow his pawprints once again? He shook himself, then breathed deeply, trying to settle his nerves. All he could do was try.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri raised her head, gathering herself to her feet before padding away from the den. They seemed to have an influx of recruits recently, some good and some bad, which pleased the healer. Their ranks had gone down considerably since the famine and Kierkegaard. Liri held onto the hope that things would get better, people would join and life would continue as it always had.

Liri could recognize that he was nervous, just as she herself had been upon calling Aaron. Liri sent him a friendly smile as she approached though her stance remained as dominant as ever, no one was challenging her for rank ever again. 

"I'm Liri, one of the Alphas of Rosings. Who might you be and how can I help you?" The Alpha paused before him, awaiting a response to both questions.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

28 Posts
Ooc —
The dark male didn't have to wait long. For that, he was grateful, it gave him less time to brood. A white female trotted out of the woods, introducing herself as Liri, one of Rosing's alphas. She offered him a smile, which he returned. It helped to put him at ease. Her stance however, radiated the dominance of her position. The dark male tucked his tail slightly, not in fear, but out of respect for her authority.

She asked him who he was and why he had come to the border. "My name is Shadowfur" he said. "I'm looking for a place to find some... companionship, perhaps make a few friends. A place to heal." His eyes flashed slightly in self beration at the slip. He didn't want to many questions as to what "healing" ment. Not yet. "I've been wandering for quite some time, and I simply want to be among other wolves again." He waited, watching her with a slightly hopeful expression.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded, not prying into whatever his issues were. She too had had some things to work through when joining and could recognize that he wanted them private. "Most that approach Rosings don't stay for long, they usually slip back into the world seemingly randomly. Would you be willing to actually commit to this pack, make it home?"

"Secondly, what can you offer us? Any talents or skills?" They didn't have much room to be picky about members given their low ranks but Liri would feel better knowing he had a way of helping. 

"Rosings is unique in that we have an arranged marriage system. After a month you would typically be assigned to a woman we deemed compatible. I'm not sure this will continue though. We are low on available women anyways," Liri informed, needing him to know in case the arranged marriages continued.

28 Posts
Ooc —
The dark male was relieved when she didn't ask about his past. There was still too much pain involved in it."I'm not sure" he responded in regard to her first question. "It depends on my experiences in the pack. I've been wandering for a while, so it might take a little time for me to re-adjust to pack life." he didn't want to give her false hope, but he might make rosings his home.

"As for talents... I have a fair amount of fighting experience, and I have a tactical mind when it comes to fighting. My wits get me through more than my strength. I've also done a bit of advising, but not a lot."

The dark male's demeanor changed completely when Liri informed him of the arranged marriages. Blank shock showed on his face for a moment. It was quickly replaced by a boiling anger and he couldn't quite bite off the low growl that escaped him. He quickly took a few steps back and breathed deeply, trying to regain his composure. "What happens if I don't consent, or if no compatibility is found" he questioned.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"If you can't commit to a pack, why should I bother taking you in? Rosings is more than a rest home or temporary spot to live. It's family," her brows drew in with confusion. Why would he think it a good idea to say that when asking for a place amongst her people? They were not a homeless shelter. 

His skills were sufficient but if he couldn't back them up with loyalty, he wasn't worth the effort of keeping around. It was harsh but loyalty was something she prized above all.

"Careful. This is my home. I don't take kindly to people who insult it," she growled out, ears flattening and tail lashing threateningly. "As said, I have no certainties that they will continue. It is unlikely as most have failed, I did not come up with the tradition but if it does uphold you would know. Decide now if this pack is what you want," if he had any problems with what she said, he was free to go.

28 Posts
Ooc —
The male's eyes were downcast as he listened to the alpha's criticism. He couldn't deny the truth her words though. I would probably say much the same, if I were in her position. He sighed, saying "No, there is no room for the unloyal." A wry grin touched his lips at his next statement. "A pack is only as strong as the bond between its members, and I'm not the best at forging them. Not anymore, at least." he said ruefully. He had made up his mind, Rosings, and ultimately pack life, was not his path presently.

The male met Liri's gaze steadily as she issued her warning. "Causing offense or insult was not my intention. I apologize if it came across that way." He continued to watch her, mind whirling. Then, he made his decision. "I'm afraid that Rosings is not the pack I'm looking for." He stood up, preparing to go, but waited a few moments in case the alpha had anything more to say.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nodded, face impassive though she couldn't help the internal stab of dissapointment. She had hoped Shadowfur would join if only so they would have more members. Things were slipping and she couldn't help but wonder if her time as an Alpha was limited. No matter, Liri would hold onto her home with everything she had.

"Then you are free to go. Safe travels," Liri spoke amiably, no harsh feelings for his refusal of their rather unique pack. She waited, watching him leave before turning and heading back the way she had come.

slight pp, let me know if I need to edit