Moonspear your love will always be rooted deeper than any grave
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
i'm going to post here and there myself, so there's probably not a need to worry about post order <3
Very much changed, and so suddenly. It took her a span of several breaths, but she eased back into an awareness spanning beyond herself -- and more importantly, the tiny wiggling bodies who were now so foreign to behold as now separate from her. She realized the hour (still night) and how tired she might truly be. Yet as they suckled quietly, seemingly dozing, peace tempered the war-faring ways of time past bit by bit in a way that almost felt right.

Then, his low chuff beyond the threshold made her remember her world faster. Charon. Instinct posed a lifting of her furs, unease rippling through her at the thought of anyone who was not her, and not them. But he stood watch near and had done what she had needed she now knew in hindsight. She steadied a breath, checked herself and the whelps, and decided he may see -- although a quick glance over the stilled one made her feel increasingly uncomfortable, he was bound to be overshadowed by all who did thrive. 

Amekaze delicately moved to untangle herself from the little wolves and felt fatigue burn up through her when she rose. A hushed groan slowed her down, but she crept for the entrance and pressed forward just past the opening to breath deep a (much needed) lungful of the damp, dewy night air. There was no need for her eyes to adjust to the cool moonlight, and she zeroed in on her mate's pale form easily as he loomed near, probably worried, curious, and she hoped without doubt in his heart. 

She fanned her ears, in her typical silence, and gestured. Come see.. Although she felt her wariness towards extending the offer, she wanted him to take them in as well, and there was no telling if she'd be more or less open to the idea later on. 

She turned and ducked back into the den fully, then returned to curl possessively around the pups with a lick for each of them.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
RE: your love will always be rooted deeper than any grave - by Amekaze - August 18, 2016, 02:35 PM