Little Goat Mountain the poem that took place of a mountain
170 Posts
Ooc —
She didn't break away to see how he reacted to her laughter, but by the time she had calmed down he was already questioning her. Ocra stared at him for a moment longer with one brow lifted in confusion while she tried to decide if he was joking or not. When the question turned out to be serious, however, she shook her head but her expression remained flat and no longer amused.

'What?" she questioned then, blinking a few times before she continues. "Did one fall on you or something? They're not dangerous. The bark is good for pain and I don't know this area well enough to know what I can use," Ocra explained. She had only been in the area a few days at most and the mire or forest hadn't offered her much during the time she'd explored. At least Sriracha was here, should the boy not be able to accomplish what she requested of him.
desperado
118 Posts
Ooc — kae
The boy didn't take too well to Ocra laughing at him, but did not strike out with words nor teeth. Sriracha found that interesting, and wondered how much of Xan's attitude was pure bravado and insecurity. The boy was a mystery, one that Sriracha was becoming increasingly interested in solving. 

More interesting was Xan's staunch refusal to go near a willow tree. He looked to Ocra and started mansplaining. Some cultures associate the willow with death and mourning, he said. But others see it as a source of magic. Personally, it just helps with a good headache. If it helps, Xan, I'll accompany you. He looked to Ocra to see how she felt about the offer. this sux peace out
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Ocra had seemed to be confused by his opinion of the willow trees. She’d questioned him, said they weren’t dangerous, and then shared with him how their bark could actually help with pain. Despite her words, however, he’d still been unable to trust the idea that the trees wouldn’t lead to his death. Having only ever seen one, infected willow tree in all of his life thus far, his view of them was entirely skewed. He’d thought to explain this to her, but, before he’d the chance to speak, the male had said something in his place. There was nothing mentioned about spores, however, which he’d found to be curious. Still had he remained silent about the tree within Blackfeather, a moment having been taken to convince himself—for now, anyways—that maybe not all of the trees could kill.

An offer was laid out on the table, which Xan’d had no problem with snatching. “It would help,” he’d said, then glanced towards Ocra. He wondered if she’d change her mind now, since her friend had offered to join the yearling. Surely, if the trees posed a legitimate threat, she’d not let her companion be near to them.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
170 Posts
Ooc —
Sriracha said something first and Ocra turned her head toward him, frowning that it is possibly turning out against her. The other male's friendly nature was getting the better of him and she was certain she wouldn't be getting away from this any time soon. Her ears fell back against her head and she turned away from the two of them as they decided to accompany one another in order to aid her. Uncertain how to take most of what had happened, she remained silent and sat on the ground so she didn't have to move much of her injury.
desperado
118 Posts
Ooc — kae
Whatever problem Xan had with willows, it seemed that a companion emboldened him enough to do as Ocra asked. Ocra, however, seemed less than delighted by Sriracha's proffered help. He cast her an apologetic smile, and a what-can-you-do? sort of shrug and hoped that she wouldn't feel too sore over this sudden betrayal.

Sriracha, man of science and reason, nodded to Xan. Lead on, he said, prompting the yearling to direct them. The Spanaird wasn't going to do much else than (figuratively) hold Xan's hand through this. He was still most interested in observing. When, if, Xan began to move, Sriracha would follow.
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Xan had seen a willow in the woods, but he knew not where to find them outside of his home. He couldn’t remember having seen any whilst traveling, but had a good idea at where to start. A willow was a tree, and trees made up forests, so, with that logic, he could totally find one in a nearby woods. At least, he hoped he could, because the sooner he got this done the sooner she’d forgive him.

Prompted to take the lead, he did just that, having turned away from the both of them and began heading towards the nearest forest. He was wary about having someone follow behind him, but pushed passed the feeling in favour of locating the evil tree. Not knowing where he was going, it was unknown just how long it would take, but he’d keep at it until it was found and the bark could be taken back to Ocra.

whispers let's wrap this uppp
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
170 Posts
Ooc —
Sriracha got ready to go and urged on Xan, Ocra watching with scrutiny as they begun their trek. For a while, she watched them until they disappeared but eventually she decided to find somewhere else. Laying down in the middle of the clearing wasn’t really an ideal spot to lounge and so she turned and, wincing with each step, made her way to the nearest shady spot to wait for the others. Eventually, she fell asleep, and woke when they stirred close by once more.