Blackfoot Forest The owl with the heart of a wolf
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Im putting this after the Time Will Tell thread. @Ferdie Von Pelt you've been asking for an Aryn thread! :D Idk if you'd be traveling with @Jace or not

Aryn lighted down on a low branch, yawning. It wasn't a tree cavity, but the branch will do until night. She ruffled up her feathers, insulating herself before yawning again. Twisting her head around to rest it on her back, the owl closed her eyes.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie Von Pelt limped until he could not go any further and then lay down his belly full from his last meal he still felt hungry but weeks of starvation did that to a wolf. Ferdie glanced up at the tree he came to rest under as was his new custom now that he had befriended an owl and gasped slightly when he saw her there. was it fate?

Aryn! he called up weakly his tail swaying so happy to see a familiar face

He hoped Jace was not far behind, at least he now knew that Jace wouldn't kill him even if ordered to. His initial reaction to Fox turning to a hate but even now he couldn't hate her to deeply, however his love for her snuffed out completely.
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
The owl's eyes instantly popped open, her fatigue gone as the voice came to her ears.

"Ferdie!" she replied happily. Her voice was less screechy and more refined. As she had been away, she had worked on speaking the wolf language rather than just understanding it. She was pretty decent now. "Long time no see! How has the pack--" her beak hung open as she turned her gaze on Ferdie Von Pelt. "BY GLAUX! Ferdie! You look like you've been to Hagsmire and back! What in Glaux's name happened?!"

Though Ferdie had no idea what Hagsmire was, or no idea who Glaux was, it was an owlish religion, Glaux being the god of all owl kind and Hagsmire being a form of Hell.

She immediately flew down to make sure he wasn't hurting himself too much.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
The blood had began to clot but sudden movements would end the wounds open again, it seemed ferdie understood her less as her speech got better and he chuckled softy. Aryn we've lost everything but we can only move UP from here her referred to himself and Jace

Ferdie had indeed, Hit his rock bottom yet he felt very very awful he had pulled Jace along with him. He began to wonder why Jace hadn't just killed him and gotten it over with. But he also knew why Jace hadn't, Loyal love ran through his veins for Jace he'd never again doubt the blue eyed, black wolf.

I might be able to use your help mi'sweet Ferdie huffed to tired to talk for a moment
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace limped into view his black pelt slightly matted with blood and gore, but an internal flame burned in his icy blue depths. He was still very angry and very sore but he would be ok. He lay down and began to lick at the wounds shifting his bruised shoulder.

He didn't even notice the owl at first until he heard ferdie's soft reply he looked up and smiled slightly uh hello
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
whoops >.< *deletes* wrong oc

Aryn blinked. We? Was he referring to him and her? Or him and someone else?

She shook her head in slight despair. "I'll do anything to help, but right now, you need rest."

She looked around him, making sure no wounds were open, and pushed his limping leg up gently.

She looked up and saw the black wolf, seeing as her question was answered. She bowed in her funny way slightly. "Aryn." she said simply.

BOTH wolves looked worn. What in Glaux's name?...
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie frowned not wanting to ask but he knew they needed help, I don't suppose you could get us a rabbit or two Aryn, we need food and rest to heal, He didn't want to elaborate to the owl he didn't want to bring fresh emotional sores out ontop of these physical ones, a wise owl might wait for the tale for when the time was right. He looked to Jace although more of that paste that male tried to offer would be nice too

Ferdie crawled a pace and came closer to Jace tipping his head left to right slightly, more actions then that hurt him. I wish I could take all your injuries upon me Du'Andris Ferdie sighed at himself... May I groom your pelt a little? blood gets so sticky it could cause infection.

Truthfully he wanted to soothe himself with the repetitive motions he had used to calm himself with for years now.

Seeing Aryn made Ferdie pine for @Amekaze he missed her dearly not having even seen her since she first had her join the pack. How he wanted her back.

Added a friend hopefully :D
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace looked up at the owl well met friend. It was strange to be talking to an owl. But truth be told the entire night had been disastrous and strange. He tilted his head the thought of a rabbit warmed his blood. He had not realized how hungry he was. a rabbit would be amazing. He half sighed out.

Jace shrugged he didn't know what had been in it. i dont know all that was in it and you and i used what was left. Thats fine i can help you with yours too. He shifted and sat down so Ferdie could get to his blood matted fur.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Well, looks like I know what I need to do."

Within a half-hour, both wolves had a rabbit in front of them, complementary to the Aryn Food Service. She had time to catch a bite herself before gathering a few yellow-petaled flowers that she's seen many a wolf take. Unknown to her, this flower was called yarrow. She came back to the grooming duo, flowers in hand.

"I don't know what you wolves use these for, but I've seen your kind gather them often, so..." she placed the flowers, roots and all, in front of the two wolves.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
hi! kinda wrote this really quickly so don't mind me haha
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Unbeknownst to her, many things had happened. What she did realize was that while she had been abroad scouting the river for fishing spots, something had evidently gone down. Now that she returned to the packlands, it was plain to see what it was not the same. When Ferdie's scent, laced so strongly with injury that it made her nose wrinkle, exited the pack territory (and from what she knew of him, he was a bit of a homebody, so this seemed bizarre as it was), she decided to lurk after it best she could to find out more.

Since she did not yet know how to feel about these happenings, she approached with a keen, wary sort of curiosity. Ame wanted to learn more and soon she came up on a strange little gathering of creatures. With Ferdie among them, she approached.

She glanced first towards the dark-furred wolf, then Ferdie, who were both roughed up unlike anything she had seen in quite a time -- to her, they looked like war wounds almost. Then, she watched the owl with a softer sort of look. The Rikudou had not been so close to one in quite a long time. What has happened? she asked while her tail switched in a subdued interest. While torn between the injuries here and the bird, she stilled her paws and stood neutrally before them all.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie tucked himself in and he nibbled his way Jace's neck tugging and removing extra fur spitting tiny matts out as gracefully as he could.. nibble nibble hold pelt lift head flick tongue, nibble nibble hold pelt lift head flick tongue.

Ferdie Von Pelt was an expert at grooming he rarely had fleas they could not escape his grooming rituals. Ferdie was so grateful when his wise thoughtful friend returned, though he did not know how to use yarrow at all, in fact he hardly recognized it, he looked to jace for conformation.

Then up at Aryn I know you must be tired my friend, may I beg you one more favor? I want Nightingale the pup to know what has became of me. Could you let her know or bring her here? He hoped he was not straining his flighted friend.

Ferdie pressed his muzzle to Jace, then spoke solemnly I crossed a mountain coming to Swiftcurrent creek many many months ago, I think we could head back there and perhaps find a safe place there; out of harms way, perhaps offer a pack to those in need? He could not help but turn a glare back toward swiftcurrent creek.

He let jace think over that as he picked up the rabbit placed before him and started to devour it, ending the creature to skin and bones literally in very quick time

Ferdie Von pelt's face lit up upon seeing Ame, The joy upon his visage had not lifted his eyes in a long time, though sore his tail waved happily. Even with a frown for her question his spirits were still lifted It's a long story Ame' however it's very safe to say Jace and I can not return to Swiftcurrent creek.

I'd like a separate thread with nightingale and Jace outside swiftcurrent if I could
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yea i'm good with that

jace looked up at the owl. Yea I know how to use this. thank you Aryn. I appreciate this. with a small sigh he pulled it closer and chewed on some of it giving the rest to Ferdie. it will help with pain and infection. You can either chew it or paste it on the wound.

Jace thought about starting a pack. It would be a lot of responsibility for them, but he was willing to try. And if anything they could use this as a proverbial paw to the face for Fox. After all they were loyal, capable duty bound wolves she just couldn't see it. Tilting his head he nodded I say why not. It should prove to be interesting, but I'm willing to try.

Jace then shifted his weight when a new wolf came to their little party.He was about to growl when Ferdie greeted her so he kept his mouth shut. Hi I am Jace. Pleasure to meet you any friend of Ferdie's is a friend of mine.
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Nightingale she tasted the name on her tongue. Alright, I can do that. Tell me what she looks like, and I'll send the message.

She turned her head to see the female approach. The owl was caught off by the dark wolf's eyes. A stunning mint-green silver ringed with an underlying plum color. Aryn was almost envious of the color. She stared for a second before composing herself. The owl bowed. I am Aryn, bearing the title of Mist of the Storm, friend.

Aryn squawked. Youve been kicked out? But why? You both had fought so loyally that... That night... she recalled the night of Bones' kidnapping sorrowfully. She gave Ferdie an apologetic glance.

But now she was curious. She, too, wished to know what had happened.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

The reactions she received were a little bit mixed, but they all settled in the end. Even the dark wolf, who appeared close to Ferdie, and the owl seemed at ease with her as well. Ame then listened, taking names and otherwise. Call me Ame, she chuffed back, lingering extra on Aryn then. Mist of the Storm was an interesting title, and one she would like to inquire to deeper given the right circumstances.

But there was a more pressing topic at hand right now: their removal from the pack. Her ears slicked back, feeling vaguely perplexed at the notion. Ferdie had said Fox had not always seemed to like him all that well before, and she wondered if this had something to do with it. But seeing them both wounded also raised its own set of questions. I had wondered.. when your scent left as it did, she muttered to Ferdie. Aryn had asked much of what she had wanted to know, too, so she just nodded to second the words of the bird. I do hope it was with good reason, she rumbled, eager to hear more. Although she had not known Jace well, his scent had been prevalent in the creek's lands. Ferdie was a loyal wolf too, so this was not exactly expected.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Feride picked up a yarrow and chewed on the strange tastes plant making a past in his mouth, He did not want to answer these questions, they didn't have a good answer. Ame especially deserved the truth so he tried his best to answer truthfully but not wholly, in truth he was going to try and be as tactful as he could.

She is the youngest wolf of the pack now, so she shouldn't be to hard to find she's also got this cute rust-colored stripe down her back, He offered his information to Aryn and the shifted spiting out the paste a trying without success to put the past on his wounded neck

We were asked to present our selves to Fox after an incident, that is to fresh to speak of now... The moment he said that he tucked his tail and glanced at Jace sadly and looked back to Ame After that she told us to do something we could not, Ferdie's eyes hardened with anger his voice stiffer and so she chased us out.

Ferdie knew her command was not fair nor were her actions with good reason; especially when she pointedly didn't want to know what had happened. The truth of the matter was Fox didn't care.

Ame, Jace and I can't stay here so I was hoping you would accompany us to The Sunspire, the mountains, I think Jace and I will start a pack there safe and tucked away, I'd love to have you be my scout my eyes and ears

Ferdie would need a good scout for he hated leaving the territory he called home, He'd never trap Ame and never force her to linger longer then she wanted to. and in truth from the moment he had called Fox to meet her, he had felt guilty and perhaps that was the reason he hadn't seen her during her time as a member of the pack.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace smiled at both the owl and the she wolf. he did however keep his words to himself. They were Ferdie's friends for now, hopefully his in time. He did glance up at the owl and smiled You fought loyally as well friend. He remembered well the talon marks Aryn had left on the wolves of tortuga. He did not like to think of that night. He spoke again quietly We fought well tonight too. Tha twas all he said.

He shifted his weight again and listened to them conversing. He would be happy to have Ame with them she would be a good addition to ranks if they did indeed start a pack.
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aryn nodded, putting their words to mind opening her large wingspan, she gracefully lifted off. "I'll be back with Nightingale soon."

With that, she flew off towards Swiftcurrent Creek.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze frowned. She then exhaled a slow breath, working swiftly to process this as she did. There were vague parts of it still yet she could understand well. The anger in Ferdie's voice seemed to indicate something dark. An incident? Your wounds, then? she squinted quizzically at them and gestured her muzzle in a quick flick. And what exactly did she call for? Ame pried carefully, looking to know if Fox was justified in her actions of exile. The way Ferdie spoke of it, it did not lend the impression it was...

She did not know Fox well enough to know for sure. They had only met once.. and while her opinion of her was good, the answers Ferdie may or may not provide would give her more to consider. She chuffed contemplatively at his invitation and watched the owl fly off into the distance, out of sight in no time. Well. Perhaps. You know that little ties me down, but I have never set paw upon that mountain. She settled her minty green eyes on Ferdie. Ame hoped he would understand and her tail swayed very subtly. She would go with the flow, see the mountain for herself and learn more as she went. You do have my curiosity, she admitted, glancing to Jace. Do you know of others to come too? she asked, feeling awfully full of questions right now.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
with the Owl departed Ferdie closed his eyes, and sighed It is along story, but in the end I lost control and Jace bore the brunt of it as best he could, Both males had very similar wounds which proved they had been evenly matched When we were told to present ourselves to Fox, to show her our mistake and apologize to her for doing this to ourselves... Now Ferdie opened his eyes and looked at Ame this time no anger in his voice but resigned bitterness she commanded us to fight to the death, when we refused she drove us out.

Ferdie shifted closer to Ame and nudged her chest gently his voice softer Come with me.. With you by my side, I could do just about anything, I'm sure Aryn would follow us, I feel a kinship with my owl friend.

Ferdie chuckled, he knew large birds alighted Ame's interest and in learning this; his own interest had been piqued if not for Ame he might never have tried to befriend such a wise creature as the owl. one day when he was healed he pictured racing the owl flying across the ground as it flew through the air. But that was long off yet, first they had to get to the mountain.

There is a young pup named nightingale that I'd love to bring and a wolf named Sky, she's inexperienced but exuberant, I was hoping to find others as we traveled.

Ferdie glanced at jace as if to ask without words, If you are ok with that His tail swayed gently as he looked upon Jace his Soul Warrior and dearest friend
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened and a small unfurling of bitterness began in his breast. He did not realize how upset he would be with Fox and how he would feel such a dark emotion inside of him. He did not hate her, but he did not respect her anymore. Even if she had listened and actually weighed council and then sent him running he would have been fine with it, at least more so than this mess that he found himself caught up in. He hadn't even had a chance to say a proper goodbye to everyone, and gods know what Fox was going to tell them, they may all end up hating him and that that alone made the bitterness turn into a raging inferno. He realized he could be a very dark creature if it was needed and it worried him.

Jace understood the look he was given and he made a small nod, Yes he was okay with the two. And both were wolves that could take care of their band. Nightingale nad Sky two that had some healing abilities, as well as hunting and fishing. yes it would be a good start to what he hoped would be a good pack.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Her brows furrowed, studying the wounds on both wolves as she grappled with understanding. Hm, she grunted, otherwise at a loss of what to say. She did not see why they had to apologize to Fox for fighting amongst themselves, even if the note of Ferdie losing control was perplexing, and then why she suggested they kill one another off. It seemed barbaric in that aspect, but having to report in like puppies to their sitter and apologize for getting too rough contrasted this to her. Ame shook her head. I see little sense in it, she eventually replied.

She reclined onto her haunches and curled her tail around her paws as she continued to listen. Mm, fine, I will come. Ame said, curious of where this might go. The Creek was good -- not perfect, but better than any other pack she'd known here. While she did not necessarily ever consider it a permanent home, she had thought maybe for longer.. She had liked a few faces there, but not established bonds with any yet. I have not even settled in here, you know, but my options are entirely open. You were some of my reason for joining the Creek, and if I could no longer see you easily.. her words trailed to swift silence. Nevertheless, Ferdie was possibly her nearest friend and company she was at ease with, which for her standards was saying something. While Jace was more of a stranger, she sensed the thing between the two males already.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie Von Pelt stepped closer to Ame and touched his muzzle to her shoulder gently leaving it there a moment longer then necessary, but he thoroughly enjoyed the contact with her, drawing from her a strength he didn't feel he had. Let us head toward the SunSpire then and see what awaits us

He stepped back and looked toward the mountain his resolve firming. He drew a deep breath, and winced slightly then chuckled softly, I hope we heal fast, this is frustrating
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace stood and began a strange limping gait towards the mountains. He wanted to get there as soon as possible and possibly sleep for days. He was exhausted, not only had he just fought with Ferdie, but he had been kicked from his home chased out without a moments of notice and it irked him and his tired body.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Ame was quiet then, only replying with a bob of her head and a subtle shift of her posturing. She had already made it evident she was following and was still underneath Ferdie's touch, letting him linger as he pleased. Briefly, she peered in the direction of the mountain curiously, then back towards Ferdie and Jace as they began to move on.

Chuffing softly to Ferdie's remark, she replied simply and waved her tail twice. I hope so too.. and left it at that. Ame was no healer but she would see to it that they wouldn't rot completely, but she did also trust them to be able to overcome the injuries given enough time. To her, it only seemed natural.

The dark female fell into step alongside the battered males towards their new destination.