Bramblepoint I'm trying not to waste my time
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

Several days are spent caring for the injured woman, Skylaris. Liri bides her time making sure the woman does not die of infected wounds, catching small game for her to eat, and bringing her soaked moss to drink from. She is weary when Skylaris is finally in a condition to travel alone. 

Despite the aches in her bones and the sleep that begs to take over her consciousness, Liri wears a proud smile. She saved someone's life. 

The healer sets out for Broken Antler Fen alone. Her fear is lessened since she has come across only Skylaris and is certain she will return to her pack without trouble. Still, the tiny fluffball moves cautiously.

The forest she travels through is thick with the dead thorny brambles of last year's growth. They are so thick that they have not fallen and instead remain in place to stab and pull at whatever unfortunate creature gets too close. 

Liri pauses here in this forest to rest, choosing a spot by a small stream to wash her sore paw pads in. Once soothed by the cool water, Liri sits by the stream to watch the water trickle by. Occasionally the silver flicker of a fish catches her eye.
motherfucker don't play with me
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
Ikari pounds through the woods, paws slamming into the ground with loud thumps. He tears through anything in his way, whether it be a bush, some plant, or perhaps an animal. He payed no mind.

The massive wolf slows his pace, eyes drifting towards what appeared to be a woman, sitting by a stream. His ears twitch left and right before he decides perhaps she'd like someone to chat with? Maybe, maybe not. "Oi!" he shouts, voice low, raspy. "Lady! What're you doin'?" Ikari plods closer, paws leaving large imprints behind him, and cocks his head to the left.
note: Ikari is biologically female

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She is not alone for long.

The crashing is somethin reminiscent to a bear and she whirls on her feet, startled. She relaxes somewhat when she sees only a man where she expected a bloodthirsty predator.

Even as long as Liri has lived in the Wilds she has not seen someone quite like him. 

He is bulky and muscular, not unlike her own build except on a much larger scale. He may even be larger than Samuel as impossible as that seems. 

Liri has seen many wolves here but never has she seen a wolf with sunlight for fur. His coat is intriguing and she steps closer almost unwillingly, despite the trembling in her legs. 

As she gets closer, Liri can smell that physically this wolf is not male though he carries himself as though he were. He is overall, baffling to her. 

"I am on my way home," Liri answers softly, earthy optics scanning him for signs of aggression. 

"Friend or foe?" The Tiny Voice sounds like her dead sister. 

"I'm Liri," she blurts unexpectedly.

Without a doubt, she gives off a peculiar air. Thankfully, Liri is insane in an almost endearing, rather than dangerous, way.
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
Ikari stops walking and plops his rump on the ground with a soft thud. The woman's eyes are on him, and his head cocks to the left after she speaks. "Home? Oh, that's cool I guess. Where's that at?" She speaks again, and Ikari replies in his usual gruff, albeit confused, tone. "Oh, uh, friend, I think. I hope?. Nice to meet ya'. I'm Ikari." His tail thumps against the ground a couple times and he gives the interesting female a charming smile.

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
probably should've mentioned this before but the Tiny Voice is in her head, Liri is the only one who can hear it. "Bold italic speech" = Tiny Voice. "Bold speech" = Liri :)

He's confused by her. It's not something unusual for Liri. She has an unnerving effect on many people. 

"It's that way," Liri points with her muzzle in the general direction of home. "I live in Broken Antler Fen," she informs him. 

Liri sits with him, albeit some distance aways. Ikari doesn't seem particularly dangerous, nor does he remind her of her rapist, but she's learned by this time to keep her distance.

"Monsters hide everywhere. If you go hunting for them, you'll find them." Liri gives her head a small shake to rid herself of the Tiny Voice. 

"Where are you going?" Liri's eyes clear as if awakening from a trance. Her attention returns to Ikari, speaking suddenly once more.
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
ah, ok, my bad! 

Ikari follows the direction of her muzzle before glancing back at her and nodding. "Oh, okay." The woman sits down, although further away from him then he thought necessary. He shrugs internally. The business wasn't his to know. Her question bounces around in his head for a moment before he shrugs, outwardly this time. "Uh, that's a good question. No where, I guess." His gaze flickers to his paws for a moment, before they find themselves back on Liri. "I take it you're a pack wolf? How's that? Is it fun?" His tail thumps against the ground again.

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
He seems unsure how to answer for a long moment. Liri watches him contemplate with patience, waiting in the silence comfortably until he comes up with an unsure answer.

"Yes. It's nice if you like people," Liri gives a small shrug. She likes the wolves of Broken Antler but even she can admit that there's a distance between them, of her own making. 

"I'm not sure why I'm there if I'm honest. I guess it's cause I don't want to be alone," Liri admits. There's no reason why she should tell Ikari this much about herself.

She doesn't know him but maybe that's what makes it so easy to tell him.
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
Ikari hums in response, his head dipping down in the slightest of nods. "I guess thats understandable. I don't really like bein' alone either, though I guess I'm kinda used to it." His broad shoulders lift in a shrug. "I dunno. Any reason you don't like bein' alone? You don't gotta tell me, 'm just curious." His lips pull upwards in a smile, his golden eyes closing in the process.

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri nods, frowning. "Maybe you should join a pack too if you don't like to be alone either," she suggests. 

"I'm not sure...maybe because everyone else leaves. They can't leave me if I came to them first," she murmurs.
62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
Ikari bobs his large head in a nod. "Been thinkin' about doin' so, actually." He fell quiet for another moment as she spoke before he nodded again. "Thats...that's true. That's pretty deep, actually." He shook his head, closing his eyes for a moment. "Damn, makin' me feel all sentimental an' shit." A frown graced his features as he actually thought about what the woman had said, letting her words bounce around in his head.

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I'm sorry?" It's said questioningly. She's not sure if this is a bad thing or not. Liri watches him, both in confusion and in curiosity. 

"Are you alright?" Liri asks after a beat. Ikari has gone silent. He seems to be thinking about what she's said. 

"You know if you want to join a pack, it's not that hard. There's plenty around and most of them care about loyalt foremost," she informs matter of factly.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

62 Posts
Ooc — shiro
ahhh sorry this is so late! I've been all over the place lately

Ikari is quiet for a moment before finally realizing the woman had spoken to him again. He shook his head, seemingly clearing the thoughts from his mind, before glancing up. "Oh wait, what? Sorry I'm fine. Was just thinkin' I guess." He falls silent before lifting his head as she mentions packs. "Really?  I guess I should do so then, huh?"

Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
you're fine!

Liri nods, signaling silently that it's alright. She often drifts inside her own mind as well. 

"Mmhmm," she hums in agreement. "You could always try Broken Antler Fen." She doubts he'll take her up on his offer, they don't know each other, but it doesn't hurt to suggest it.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."