Moonspear You make wine from sour grapes
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
"Flóki's Jorunn's brother, they look identical," Charon explained when the stranger asked him about his slip of the tongue. He imagined that if they knew Jorunn, he surely would've told them about his brother at some point. They'd always been close. But maybe he had decided to simply stop mentioning any of his family after he'd been cast from Moonspear forever when he had decided to leave.

The child spoke, and Charon looked at him, listening to what he had to say. Having fathered children himself had made him softer towards the young. Only when he cast the boy another look did Charon realise the striking resemblance to his father (and did he realise who the boy's father must be at all). Though he would've much rather be an uncle to a child of Flóki's than Jorunn's (who he'd more or less cast from his family, after all) Charon was still happy to meet the boy. With a friendly smile he told the boy, "I suppose that does make me your uncle, and you my nephew."

Charon listened to what else the boy said and then gave the boy a sympathetic look. He didn't know where Jorunn'd gone, but he also doubted they'd ever see him again. Jorunn was a runner, after all, doomed to keep running away from everyone who cared for him, in Charon's experience. "I don't think you'll see your father again," he said candidly; "Not unless he decides it's time. He's a self-centered little fuck." Charon cast a quick glance at Maude in case he'd be offended that Charon would use such language, before looking back to Arrille. "He left me and Flóki too, when we were younger. When he was little he got lost and we searched everywhere for him, then he returns at last and he tells us we didn't look for him enough. And he took up a new name. Not Kjalarr, uh... I don't even remember, something else — he's always been Jorunn to me. He stayed in the pack for a little while but he couldn't accept authority and spat on my leadership and everything I did to reach out to my long lost brother. It looks like he hasn't changed one bit." There was venom in Charon's words and his hardened face as he spoke of Jorunn, feeling all the anger return now. Jorunn'd always thought he deserved the world when he had done nothing to earn it, and it seemed he had now involved others in his stupid games.
Messages In This Thread
You make wine from sour grapes - by Maude - July 02, 2017, 08:23 PM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Charon - July 03, 2017, 06:05 AM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Arrille - July 03, 2017, 03:41 PM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Maude - July 05, 2017, 11:00 PM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Charon - July 06, 2017, 01:32 AM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Arrille - July 06, 2017, 01:47 AM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Maude - July 13, 2017, 08:37 PM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Charon - July 14, 2017, 02:26 AM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Arrille - July 14, 2017, 02:36 AM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Maude - July 26, 2017, 09:30 PM
RE: You make wine from sour grapes - by Charon - July 27, 2017, 02:14 AM