Stone Circle Wayward wanderings
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Joining 
@Mawk @Burr @Cyron @Rowana @Valette the family is here to try and join.

Ganador had broken up and everyone headed their separate ways. It brought the mother great despair to lose the first place she had called home in a while. She had wanted her babies to grow up there and be surrounded by friends. Trying to keep her face clear of any sadness she herded the small children toward the nearby scent of a pack. Burr walked beside her and she had Cyron hanging from her jaws, Rowana was behind her with Mawk.

Finally they reached the scent boundaries and she stopped, blocking Burr's path with a gentle paw "Sit still Burr" she murmured after she set Cyron down in between her forepaws. Turning to cast a nervous look back at Mawk she lifted her muzzle to the air and called for the alpha. It was very unlucky for them that Ganador had fallen so soon after she had given birth to three children, and it sucked that it was summer. A time when the mating from spring would lead to puppies for many many families.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
They walked steadily, but surely. They had heard, from Gwen before departing, that Ganador and Easthollow had been on somewhat good terms, as the Empress had already visited them, though that did not mean he expected to just be let in. After all, they had pups with them too, and often Spring and Summer were the times when litters were born most - Mawk did not know what to expect here, but he was assuming it would be harder for them to gain the alpha/s favour when they had newborns with them. Even so, the wolfdog did not doubt that they could find a home before the week was over - there was another pack in the close area, so if things did not work here they could always try there - Gwen had apparently spoken to the alpha there already too.

He spared a glance at his mate, flashing her a postitive smile - they would be fine, he was sure. He wagged his curled malamute-style tail, knowing it often made her laugh. In times like this, laughing was good, even if it didn't last long. Ganador would be missed, but they could start anew and they would find a safe place to call their home once more. Mawk gazed then at the youngsters that trailed beside them. Three beautiful pups. Cebra and him took turns carrying each one, though of course there was only two adults, so one pup was always being nudged along on the ground. 

Upon arriving at the borders, the scout halted and watched as his wife hushed the children and told Burr to sit still. He lowered his head and placed Rowana gently on the ground, looking at his mate again to see if she would howl. She did, and Mawk joined his call to hers, hoping the sound of two voices might bring attention quicker. "It'll be fine," he spoke softly, pressing his side against her pelt and looking out to see if anyone would approach.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette lifted her head when she heard a howl. She was cautious as she heard from Krypton that there was a malicious female out on the prowl to do hurt. The female moved to the border with a brisk pace to the borders. She wasn't that far away from the borders. She was cautious but not afraid. As she came closer she did have a look first before appearing for the strangers.

She didn't expect a whole family to be there though. There was a mild surprise on her face as she approached. Her tail was up and her tail was lifted. She was slightly relieved with the sight of a family instead of an aggressive wolf. Valette was not familiar enough with Gwen's scent to recognize it on the family. Her eyes fell on the young ones and realized that she will soon have her own if Ezekiel managed to knock her up.

Her hazel eyes traveled over the family. She figured that they sought refuge. "Greetings," she spoke. "I'm Valette, the alpha female of Easthollow. What brings you here?," she asked, just in case her assumptions weren't right. The parents had quite distinctive markings that intrigued Valette.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Cebra gave a small laugh at Mawk's tail, though he anxiety was too strong to allow her to fully be amused. When he moved beside her she pressed her pelt against his,seeking the comfort of his body. It only took a few moments before a woman appeared,and by the posture she used Illecebra could assume she was the alpha here. Dipping her head and flattening her ears slightly to show the proper respect she waited a few moments before replying to the question about why they were there.

"We come from Ganador Bypass, a pack that has recently dispersed. We seek residence here. I realize we have three young children that I am still nursing but I can promise that we both will do whatever we can to provide for ourselves and the pack" her golden eyes flicked toward Mawk and her tail twitched nervously by her flanks.

Rowana was sniffing around by her side,seemingly interested in the new scent of the woman before her. Illecebra lowered her muzzle to her daughter and licked at her face and forehead to soothe her before lifting her gaze once more "I am interested in several trades though I have experience in only one, the mercenary trade. I am a fairly good hunter,and I have interest in mentoring youth" she stated her interests hoping that the alpha would see use in at least one of the three she gave. She then nudged Mawk gently giving him a small smile to show he could speak now if he wanted to do so.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sure enough, the family were not kept waiting long. A chocolate furred woman with hazel-green eyes approached, one who held her posture like that of an alpha, so that is what he assumed she was. Her words, too, confirmed this. Mawk noted the surprise on her face as she glanced at the group, but it was expected - not often were you greeted by five wolves at your doorstop. The man dipped his head in greeting, tail low (although that was difficult with the curl) and head bowed in respect. Glancing up, he listened as his mate spoke up first. She explained well, though he couldn't help but add to her words.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Valette. My name is Mawk - this is Illecebra, and this is Burr, Rowana and Cyron." He gestured to each of them in turn, smiling at the alphess before them. She had given her name, so he had given theirs. "As she said, we will do all we can to contribute if you allow us to stay. I have the Scout trade already, and am working on becoming a mercenary, as well as hopefully an ambassador one day. If I manage to earn the mercenary trade, I would work toward becoming a Guardian. I hope these skills may be of use to you in some way." The wolfdog gave a small wag of his tail, hopeful that they might find a home on their first stop. It would be useful, for sure, and this woman seemed nice enough, even if they'd only heard her greeting so far. She wasn't rude or clearly harsh (unfortunately there were quite a few rude or overly harsh alphas around), he did not believe.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at the two after she was done speaking. They both showed respect. The male had a curious type of tail she hadn't seen before. It looked like he was very dominant with his tail curled on his back. Though, it seemed it was the natural stance of his tail. Valette noticed that he did try to lower it. The female spoke first. She explained they needed refuge, as she expected.

The male was more well-spoken than the female. He also introduced them. Mawk and Illecebra, curious names. Their trades were more than welcome to the pack. However, she was worried about her own pups if they had ones that were eating more. Frankly, Valette wasn't even sure she was pregnant yet, she didn't feel any different. The dark female nodded and seemed to think for a moment.

She was a refugee once when her parents' pack disbanded. Much like these little guys. She wasn't much older than they were. It gave her great loyalty to the alpha female, Saena, at the time. "Your trades are welcome in this pack," she spoke after her thoughtful pause. "My mother was taken in by a pack when I was around the age of your kids," she spoke. "If not for her I would not be here today," she added.

They were from Gandor, wasn't that the pack from the pale female. She decided not to ask. The female was not here herself and these wolves were to become a member of their family. "There is only one thing. I might be pregnant myself. If you want to stay here, I want to you to provide as much for my own young, the Alpha young, as you would for your own. We live as a family here, be aware of that," she stated. And if there would be food scarcity it would be her pups that would eat first, though Valette didn't expect their food levels to drop. She knew their big game population.

They could definitely get more mercenaries, plus if she was pregnant this Illecebra could perhaps give her some insight in the whole... ordeal. The pack could also use more loyal wolves, and wolves to provide food and protection. "So if you agree, you and your kids are welcome to stay," she spoke. They would be raised with Easthollow mentality.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
just a cameo!

Ezekiel wandered the border, patrolling as always. He was on strictly high alert, what with Valette in heat and possibly pregnant with his pups. His head low as he checked the scents, the broad shouldered stoic made his way across the border. He heard a call, a call for Valette and immediately began towards the source. It didn't sound aggressive, but he was suspicious of everyone at the borders regardless of circumstances. He was further away from the than he expected, and by the time he made it there Valette was there already.

He trotted up next to her, his white tipped tail brushing her side as he did so. He hung back, not speaking, but watching to make sure everything went well. There were quite a few wolves in front of him, a male, a female and three pups. They seemed friendly, and wanted to join Easthollow, and so Ezekiel allowed his muscles to relax a little. He was glad that they came when they did, for Easthollow's ranks were withering. He wasn't sure how useful the pups would be, but he knew they could grow and potentially become very useful.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra held her breath while Valette spoke,releasing it once the woman stated the terms and conditions and finished speaking. She nodded her head and offered a grateful smile "of course. I'll take as much time away from the children  as I can to hunt for everyone." She agreed quickly. It would be difficult since she was nursing but if she could find someone to watch the pups,both her and Mawk could probably take down some good sized prey.

A male came forward and took his place beside Valette, and Illecebra have him a wary glance. She was nervous as it was being near a whole pack of strange wolves with three children, and for some reason a male made her even more on edge. However she offered a quick wag of her tail, and a hesitant smile in his direction deciding that it wouldn't do any good to have negative feelings toward him from the first meeting. "We will raise them to be good,loyal wolves to this pack I promise." She added softly.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Tagging the puppers again @Burr @Cyron and if possible, would @Rowana be able to be put as PPC? Aliea will be back after summer but until then she won't be around!

Mawk shot a small smile at his mate as he waited for a reply from the alphess, and when she spoke again he sighed gratefully. "Thank you. We will not let you down, I give my word." He glanced down at the three youngsters by his paws and then back up at Valette. His gaze shifted then to the approaching male, and Mawk gave a nod of greeting, briefly wondering whether he was the alpha male, but focused again on the woman who led the pack. "Of course." He agreed. Being the alphess, her young were put first, and he understood that. That did not mean he would neglect his own, but he would also contribute just as much to Valette's as he did his children.

"We are very grateful, I can assure you." He smiled at Cebra, wondering if she was as glad as he was. They had found a home first try! It was promising, to say the least.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded to the two of them. "And I will keep you to your word," she spoke to the little family. She briefly glanced at Zeke and then motioned for the family to cross their border. "This is Ezekiel. Perhaps he knows a good den for you to rest," Valette questioned. She didn't do as much inland patrols, and perhaps he knew an abandoned den.

The alpha female had some other decisions to make for now. The female gave the other a smile. Plus, she felt like it would be good for Zeke to give them an introduction. Maybe he could find a friend in Mawk. "Mawk wants to be a guardian, Zeke. Perhaps you two can have a patrol one day," she suggested.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
haha jk I'll post again :)

It seemed the family made the cut. Ezekiel was happy for them, and happy to have more members in their ranks. His stoical expression changed to a small smile, his tail waving a little before settling again. Valette introduced him, and he dipped his head in greeting to them. Val offered him to help them find a den, and while that wasn't the task Ezekiel would most like to do, he did want to get to know the new members better. I will help you find a place, there are many safe dens here in Easthollow. 

Valette offered Ezekiel another piece of information about the family, the male in particular and this did interest him. He turned his attention to Mawk, the large cream male with dark tips. He looked a capable guardian, and that would prove very useful to their pack. I suppose I could use a hand at my patrols. I can show you around the borders after we get your family settled in.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra dipped her head gratefully and stepped forward, picking up Burr and nudging Cyron to walk beside her as she lead them over the borders and into the pack land. She was so relieved that they were not turned away, that she and the pups and Mawk had a good stable home to rest their heads. "Thank you Valette, and you as well Ezekiel" she said with a smile. 

She stopped beside Ezekiel and waited for him to lead the way, turning her head to give Mawk a relieved and happy look. It seemed that Mawk had gained the approval of Ezekiel already, and while she was glad for that it also meant she would have to work harder to make herself useful to Easthollow.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk turned to the man, Ezekiel, as he was introduced. The wolfdog gave a friendly smile, nodding in greeting. "Nice to meet you!" He spoke, gaze flitting momentarily between the two Easthollow wolves. As Valette spoke, he was pleased to hear that Zeke, as the alphess called him, seemed to also be interested in the Guardian specialty, or something close to it. This was good news - perhaps he could find a friend through a common interest. "I would love to help out on your patrols - It would also give me a good chance to get to know the territory a bit more. Don't want to find myself getting lost." He chuckled lightly - it was a small joke, just to keep the mood up. He doubted he would get lost. Besides, he mostly wanted to get a better idea of the land he was to live in. Being a scout, the area was very interesting to him. 

Mawk returned the happy look sent to him by his mate, and he pressed his side against hers with a warm smile on his maw. A home. It was a welcoming thought, for sure. The man leaned down to pick up Rowana, knowing it would be easier than to have here on the ground with Cyron - siblings fought, it was a well known fact. He waited then for Ezekiel to lead the way to a den, seeing that the meeting appeared to be over. He shot a small glance at Valette. "Thank you again," he said, a wag of his tail following. It gave a little bounce, being curled as it was, that even he found fairly amusing at times. Though it wasn't purposeful.