Redhawk Caldera i've never been great with peer pressure.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Even though I'm really, really, really, really late to this party, this is something Raven wouldn't miss so I really wanted to toss a post up in here. This will be my only post here. <3

Raven had known the time was coming for several days now. Poor Aunt Flea looked like a grape about to burst, and the dark healer's heart went out to the Alpha female. She'd been working in overdrive to keep Finley comfortable and to make sure her own medicinal stores were well-stocked with anything Finley might need. As the days counted down, she was always within a few minutes' run of the Blackthorns' den...just in case. The death of her own mother in childbirth haunted Raven as Finley's due date loomed closer and closer, and when the time finally came, there was a little tickle of terror deep in her heart. Please don't die...please be okay... she prayed silently to nobody in particular as Finley labored.

Raven knew better than to try and crowd into the den while Finley was giving birth, so she settled herself in an area of shady saplings nearby. Most who came and went wouldn't even notice the dark medic right away amidst the shadows and forestry, but she had a good view of the den and could hear and smell all that went on. If anything went amiss, she'd be there in an instant. She saw Elwood pacing, and she smiled at Towhee's obvious desire to see the new pups. Anxiety was all Raven knew as the scents and sounds of birth began to permeate the air, but as the moments ticked by and new life after new life entered the world, excitement began to blossom in her heart. After a while, Uncle El was allowed into the den, and from where she lay, she could hear short, muffled conversation. A sigh of relief escaped her then -- no babies cried for an unresponsive mother, no frantic Elwood burst from the den. Finley was going to be all right. Rising from where she lay, she approached the den -- nuzzling Towhee's shoulder on the way -- and said very softly down into its darkened depths, "I'm right here if you guys need anything." She wanted very much to see the babies and to congratulate the parents, but there would be time for that later. Finley needed rest now. Stepping aside, she sat down and looked at Towhee, an almost idiotically gleeful grin on her face.
Messages In This Thread
i've never been great with peer pressure. - by Finley - July 10, 2017, 06:04 PM
RE: i've never been great with peer pressure. - by Raven - August 03, 2017, 04:25 PM
RE: i've never been great with peer pressure. - by Elwood - August 06, 2017, 08:19 PM
RE: i've never been great with peer pressure. - by Towhee - August 07, 2017, 10:39 AM