Redhawk Caldera No, I don't have a harp.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,015 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She listened carefully (read: watched his lips), so curious about what he said that it didn't even occur to her to interrupt. Nightjar said many intriguing things, though the one phrase that would stick with her the most after this encounter was, "You cannot be your full self until you can rely on only yourself to survive." The Xi didn't know what to make of this. She didn't want to agree, as she had no intention of ever striking out on her own. Towhee didn't like to think that it meant she would never reach her full potential. Would she be forced to take a sabbatical at some point?

Before she could dwell too deeply on any of this, Nightjar spoke on the subject of loyalties. Towhee bobbed her head in understanding. She couldn't imagine following anyone else besides the Blackthorns—not even her own parents. Nobody could ever possibly possess the same level of authority over her, since they'd raised her from birth. And her loyalty and respect to them was nearly absolute. Like her elder brother, she could only imagine breaking rank if it meant she herself became an Alpha. And that seemed improbable if not impossible.

"I'm going to train to be a leader one day," Towhee shared somewhat spontaneously, having been reminded of it by their conversation. "A Beta." Her head cocked, wondering what Nightjar would make of that.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
No, I don't have a harp. - by Towhee - July 14, 2017, 12:42 PM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Nightjar - July 22, 2017, 03:50 PM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Towhee - July 24, 2017, 09:48 AM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Nightjar - July 30, 2017, 12:29 AM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Towhee - July 31, 2017, 09:14 AM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Nightjar - July 31, 2017, 10:23 PM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Towhee - August 01, 2017, 08:22 AM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Nightjar - August 21, 2017, 08:13 PM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Towhee - August 22, 2017, 09:48 AM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Nightjar - September 10, 2017, 06:10 PM
RE: No, I don't have a harp. - by Towhee - September 13, 2017, 12:41 PM