King Elk Forest let me take my time, oo.
5 Posts
Ooc — Nadia

Once upon a time, Mitzi might have laughed at the fool who called the forest boring. However, walking through it for months at a time without a break in visual, well, that put things into perspective. Mitzi had grown up in the lush foliage and dim lighting of the woodlands, but she was always able to take a break from it whenever she so felt the need. Only once or twice on her journey had she come across coasts, and she made a point of staying around for as long as she could before the natives came around and ran her from their territory.

Mitzi walked under the tall oaks towering over her, confident that even though it was hard right now, things would surely get better (which they absolutely wouldn't but hope is amazing food for the soul). Oh, scheiße, she whispered to herself as her paw slipped into a thick, muddy puddle. At least, Mitzi prayed it was only mud, and she wasn't about to do a sniff test to make sure.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
The early morning fog was starting to disperse as the sun climbed higher and while many were just beginning to wake, Seabreeze has been restless for hours.  Her sleep had become more and more restless the further away she got from the comfort of the Vale and since her self-proclaimed exile she felt an itch, the need to be doing something constantly.  She had felt a drive to work hard before, but being in the hallowed forest where Tindómë would make its claim increased the feeling tenfold, especially without the constant companionship of Mato to ground her — thank the heavens he did not know how much his presence assuaged the tumultuous sea of her mind!  And what would he think of her now?  Though her departure from the Vale was amicable in Rannoch's eyes, Mattias remained and his fury loomed over her like a storm, heavy and brooding, even all the way out here.

But even though the feeling persisted, she was quick to find that there was precious little to do.  During Mato and Aerlinn's return to the Vale, Trajan and Delight had securely marked their borders, and there was next to no upkeep to do.  And with only three wolves present, there was little need to keep a cache filled to the brim.  So she found herself absentmindedly wandering the internal territories of the King Elk, secretly hoping for isolation and maybe a place to run some water over her fresh, painful wounds.

Another wave of self-contempt (or was it self-pity?) washed over her.  Of course she got injured on her way here — what else could she ever be other than a pain-soaked siren?  The sound of another creature sloshing in mud and water tore her from these thoughts and she moved fluidly through the forest, closer to where she'd heard it.  She did not care if she was heard or seen — this was her home — but she wanted to have the advantage lest something happen.  With her luck, it always seemed to.

What she came upon seemed to be a small wolf, and she let out a small (gentle, tired) chuff to let the other know she was there.  She might as well greet someone who graced the King Elk with their presence.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

5 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Hm? Mitzi sighed as she looked up from her paw. She could make out the shape of another not far off, though details were generally blurred. She hesitated, then took a step forward, hoping for a better view. Mitzi barked back, as if to invite the stranger closer. Now a few feet ahead from where she had been, she could see the basic blondes and browns that donned the willowy body of who she then presumed to be another femme. Hello? she called aloud, unsure of whether or not she would be so lucky as to get a response. 

Dealing with strangers hadn't always been Mitzi's strong suit, especially when they spoke the common tongue. She had no accent, nor did she have any issues in her fluency, and she couldnt argue that English felt harsh in her mouth. All that she could say was that it was foreign, and Mitzi didn't like foreigners one bit.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

The reaction she got from the other girl was neutral enough for Seabreeze to close more of the space between them.  Greetings.  She carried herself confidently but her voice was weary, tired.  You've found your way into the heart of the King Elk Forest.  She stated it matter-of-factly; she had no intention of running this girl off.

There are streams to the west if you'd like to wash up, but I was hoping to travel a bit east today; I'm sure these puddles are a sign of water.  You are welcome to accompany me.  In fact, she would prefer it if the girl accompanied her; traveling one-on-one was comfortable for the yearling and perhaps she could figure out what brought her to the edge of the Teekons. If you travel much further south or west, you will leave Teekon completely.

5 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Mitzi sucked in her teeth and shook her head as she asked, I'm not trespassing, am I? If she was, well, she was lucky to have been found by someone who seemed decent. There had been no warnings or threats posed just yet, so the chances of her making it out alive seemed pleasantly high. Well, sure, I suppose. Mitzi didn't care where she went so long as she went somewhere, and travelling with a wolf who seemed to know the territory gave her an extra boost of confidence. I just got here. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, either. I need to find a place to settle, maybe get something to eat. Can you help? 

I'm Mitzi, by the way. You are...? Introductions, she figured, were much in order. Especially if the she-wolf was going to help her out. She was beginning to look forward to finding a place to settle; her paws ached and her back was sore, and the ever-exaggerating Mitzi just knew she would collapse if she had to walk much longer.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

A dry smile crossed her lips.  Was the girl trespassing?  Yes, pause, and no. She weaves in and out of the trees, closing the last bit of distance between them comfortably, yet slower than she would with a friend.

This is the home of Tindómë.  We are waiting for our Morwinyon, Mato, to arrive from Northstar Vale.  The girl's confidence shocked the siren, and Aerlinn shifted her weight, leaning off of her injured leg. She was in no place to be rude, and she wasn't sure exactly how much authority she had anyway.

She weighed the rose-colored girl's words carefully. I have no intention on running you away, I will make that clear now.  We will offer you refuge for the time being, so long as you are kind with us and contribute.  And perhaps the girl could join them, if she liked it enough.  There were enough resources to go around until Mato arrived. I am Aerlinn, she responded, deciding that perhaps she could shed Seabreeze after all.  She liked the way the nickname her Morwinyon adorned her with rolled off her tongue, perhaps enough to take it as her own.

Would you like to clean up or eat first?  They had might as well get to it, there was only so much sunlight in the day.