Blacktail Deer Plateau wannabee
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
She was useless. Days from her accident, the stiffness and pain in her limb had abated, and the majority of her cuts were scabbed over. It was progress; but what good was progress when it didn't allow her to do anything? She couldn't do anything that had her breath come quickly, for then her bruised rib burned with angry malice. She couldn't run, or hunt - whatever was broken in her paw had yet to mend. She huffed, upset with the world and herself, and lay her head in her paws. She would have remained like this a great deal longer had not a certain conversation and the thought of what she just might be able to do sprang to mind. She let a painful call for @Pema fall from her aching lungs, immediately hoping that she hadn't chosen an inconvenient time.
49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
It was unusual for Moonstone to be out in the open during the day, especially when the sun was in its first half-life. But because she had only just left moments beforehand, she figured that she would be able to stay out for maybe another hour or so before she had to retreat. A call sounded, and although it was mostly unfamiliar, Moonstone thought that she ought to check it out. You okay? she asked as she made her approach. Dawn looked pitiful, lying there with her head on her paws, so it wasn't difficult to tell that something was wrong. You look a little, I don't know, uncomfortable.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Standing was the last thing she hunted to do, though when the pale woman she barely knew came into sight, stand she did. She possessed a stubborn pride, and while the sudden lurch had her chest burn and her broken paw twinge warningly, she did it all the same, before settling into a slightly awkward sitting position. "I'm fine - well, I'll be fine soon." It was quite obvious that she was not fine, and Dawn wanted this to pass as soon as possible. She quirked a brow at the woman's words, and despite her pride and pain, she wanted to laugh. She suppressed it, though; laughing hurt. "I may have fallen down a ridge." It was the rabbit's fault, for being such a perfect meal and having the stupidity to lead her on a wild chase down an escarpment. And the ground's, too, for being so damned unreliable.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic

Pema wasn't surprised to her a call from Dawn, after all she was her active patient. A little too active of a patient. Her cuts had healed somewhat well, though whenever Dawn decided to get up and move some enevitably reopened, causing he fur to be covered in small red circles. 

When she found Dawn she was accompanied by the white wolf Moonstone. A member that Pema didn't know too well and had only the chance to introduce herself when the pack had been hunting. She came in near the end of what Dawn had been saying and added, "You would be "fine" alot sooner if you just stayed put for a few more says." her voice a mixture of fact and teasing. The bones in her toes and ribs wouldn't get the chance to settle if she kept on moving around. She could understand it alittle with Dawn being a scout and wanting to move about, but in the end it would do her more harm.

49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
A flicker of concern passed through Moonstone's mind as she made a step to come a bit closer, but she was cut off by Pema's entrance. Her ears fell back out of respect for the older wolfess, but after remembering that things weren't the same here, she resumed her previous position. What happened? she asked Pema, though her eyes were focused on Dawn, Are you hurt? Neither seemed worried, so she thought that it was safe to assume she had already been treated, but Moonstone couldn't help voicing her concerns. 

There was a bit of excitement in the air; she'd never had a chance to treat a real patient. Sometimes, a pup would come to her for a splinter, or an elder if they had a bug caught in their ear, but she had never been faced with real injuries. I'd like to help, if you need it. I mean, I totally understand if not, but it would just be a total honor and ...
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Pema's words received a "Humph"  from Dawn, though there was a lightness to her irritation. "I know - I can't just sit here doing nothing, though," she said plaintively, deciding soon afterwards that that had sounded too childlike for her liking. Her gaze shifted to Moonstone, replying "I'm fine - just sore. Sometimes a little more than sore." came her response, though, truthfully, sometimes the pain in her paw especially felt like her leg was on fire. At Pema's next words, her gaze shifted to Pema again, curiosity in her glance. "Is there something I could do? Something to help me heal, so I can get back to normal faster?"  She questioned, willing to do near anything if it might help her recovery. Only a few days had passed, and her attitude was already taking a turn for the worst about the whole affair. She had grown to like and trust Pema, however, and was willing to try whatever she offered.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic

Pema wasn't ready for the initial response Moonstone gave. Her ears were held back in an almost submissive fashion. At first she thought it might have been to Dawn, who had been in the pack longer and possessed a slighly higher ranking then Pema, but she did it when she entered into the conversation. Did she really hold that much respect within the pack? She leg her tail wag slightly to say that there was no need for such displays. Overall the pack didn't seemed to be too concerned with ranking, other then for Grayday who was the leader of the pack itself. But even if it was unneeded it made her feel good that someone would be willing to show their respect in additon to saying it.

Dawn went on to discribe the incident that had occued prior and Moonstone asked if there was anything she could do to help. "Umm..." Pema began to think. She had already popped the few of Dawn's toes back into place and her cuts had healed for the most part. It was really only up to Dawn to rest for the rest of her to heal, nothing Moonstone of Pema could really do now. 

Before she had the chance to respond Dawn was asking if there was anything to speed up her healing process. Pema thought again, but came up with the same answer over and over again. "I think for the most part time is the best medicine." she stated both to Moonstone and Dawn. But then she thought of something. "Well... I'm not sure if this will heal you faster per say, but it should some of the more serious pain away. Water thereapy. It's alot of doing nothing though, so I'm not sure if you would want to do it Dawn." wading in the hot springs could strengthen Dawn's muscles and ease her pain.

49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Oh, yeah! Moonstone barked excitedly. Her ears immediately perked back up and her tail began to wag as she thought about the water wading group they'd had back home. Every morning, she would be allowed to help her mother guide the sick and the old to the creek where they would line up and step into the water, one paw at a time until their legs were submerged.

For the younger ones and those who needed less help with mobility, they would go out a bit further and practice paddling, though Moonstone had never gotten to help with that part. It wasn't that she minded; most of the old women had stories to tell that were far more interesting than kicking and splashing. 

She looked at Dawn with a hopeful glint in her eye, I can help, if you want. I used to help out with that sort of thing where I'm from. It's great exercise, too.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The idea that there was something that could help her heal faster had Dawn's gaze glint happily, and she rose, teetering a moment before quickly finding her balance.  "It's hardly doing nothing if it helps me heal faster. Plus, I haven't seen these springs before; it'll be an adventure then, too."  she added agreeably. Moonstone piped up too, and while she wasn't sure what to make of this enthusiastic offer of help, she offered a small smile Moonstone's way all the same. She wondered, quick suddenly, where exactly the girl had come from, but that was a question for another time. Turning back to Pema, she asked, " When do we go?" She was fully prepared to leave this very moment, eager for anything that would have her engaged in the pack once more, even if it was scouting away from all her packmates. She wanted, needed to be able to do as she always had again.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema was happy to see what Moonstone was still open to helping Dawn with her recovery. Even if it was simply accompanying them to the hot springs. Pema thought to keep this in mind for when she would need an extra set of paws when treating any future patients. 

Dawn also seemed eager to go to the springs. Anything that might help her heal faster, so much so that it seemed she was ready to leave as soon as possible. Pema smiled at both of them tail wagging, knowing that the two were open to following her suggestion. "Well it's down the plateau to the south, west of whitefish river." she said giving the general direction for Dawn to invision. "If you're up for it we can go now actually. I can lead the way, but I'll make sure to take it slow and be at your side of assistance if you need it. Oh... and Moonstone feel free to tag along." she added wanting to make sure that the white female felt included in the matter. She waited for their responces and was ready to head out.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Dawn agreed readily, and the two followed Pema towards the springs, Dawn with grand illusions of how quickly she'd heal with the aid of the water, and prepared to follow the healer out of the territory. She made sporadic conversation as they went; exciting at the prospect of seeing the springs.
editing on and ending as Moonstone appears to have gone inactive