Redhawk Caldera rejoice, because you're trying your best
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
Titmouse rallied when faced with his agitated sister; he wasn't going to back down this time, and tried to correct her - facing her with a sharp turn and snapping, My name is Screech --! but he did not get far before Elwood cut them both off and redirected Tit's energy back to where it needed to be.

He wasn't very calm, but the boy was very rarely calm. Given the chance to explain himself, he tossed a little sneer at Towhee (yeah, shut it, he was saying), and then gathered his story together.

I remember getting lost, and then finding Liffey. She.. She took me with her to meet her friends. One of them was this guy Rannoch. The way he said the older boy's name could've compared to any child talking about Superman, or Batman, or some other idolization. As if everyone knew who the heck Rannoch was, he was that awesome. Tit studied Elwood's face for a split-second for recognition but went ahead regardless: I got bigger. Rannoch and his brothers showed me how to be a warrior! And when I thought I could handle it, I left them to try and find my way home. I'm here now! I didn't do it on purpose -- cue a hasty glance at Towhee, but Tit couldn't meet her eyes, and ended up staring at Elwood's feet instead, somewhat deflated.

If you don't want me I understand. I'll go. And with that he was quiet again, frowning at the soil as if it had paid him some kind of disservice; really Titmouse was thinking about Raven, and their talk. If he came away from this with only her on his side, that would be okay. He'd make it work.
Messages In This Thread
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Towhee - October 19, 2017, 09:27 AM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Elwood - October 19, 2017, 09:55 AM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Towhee - October 20, 2017, 09:19 AM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Elwood - October 23, 2017, 08:18 PM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Titmouse (Ghost) - October 25, 2017, 03:16 AM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Towhee - October 25, 2017, 09:16 AM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Elwood - October 27, 2017, 08:14 AM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Towhee - October 30, 2017, 08:56 AM
RE: rejoice, because you're trying your best - by Elwood - November 05, 2017, 09:56 PM