Stone Circle I'm still looking for my god.
4 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
There was a great commotion upon the plains to the east of the impressive, imposing stones. Nothing so impressive as a stampede nor as biblical as the raining of frogs - but a commotion nonetheless. The flock of geese had only landed within the past half hour, resting and eating while they could before continuing with their migration. It was a sign of the times - get out while you can. November's chill had set-in early.

The issue came when the mighty Bean, small though she was (and aptly named), came vaulting out of her hiding place among the reeds. With snapping teeth and fancy footwork she dove towards the lot of them - and with quite the protest, the birds squawked and ran. Now, typically a Canadian goose was much more volatile than anything else in the northern hemisphere (really, have you met one?) - but these poor creatures were exhausted and prime candidates for becoming dinner.

Yeah you run! But -- but not that fast! Come back here! demanded the very loud voice from the very small person. The birds weren't faster than her when they ran, but they quickly remembered that they had other resources at their disposal, and little Bean suffered as she chased after each fat (yet substantially more aerodynamic) body as they each lifted off in to the dusky sky. Damn it.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Assuming she is outside of the borders, and not in the territory.

Valette was watching the plains from the standing stones as she always did. She liked watching the herd and seeing what individuals were not feeling so well. She also loved to see how the stags were competing for the females and find out what new harems would form.

The alpha female looked up when there was more commotion to the east. The water birds were taking to the skies with loud squeaks. Almost like they were disturbed. Valette quirked up her lips, thinking it was a packmate that needed help. She went to check out the commotion.

As she was closer to the borders, she realized that it wasn't one of her packmates. The charcoal female lifted her chin to see what was then disturbing the wildlife around their pack. As she came closer she caught the scent of another wolf. It didn't take long for the alpha female to find her.

"You are awfully close to our borders," she commented when she was close enough to have a normal conversation. It didn't sound too unfriendly. Valette liked to think that not every wolf had evil plans to hurt her family. This could just be innocence.
4 Posts
Ooc —

Despite her best efforts Bean could not nab herself a goose. She came close though - running and snapping at their feet as they flew off, her teeth were inches away. She could feel the wind off of their underbellies for crying out loud! But in the end she was left panting and overwhelmed, the geese honking as they escaped. When the din calmed there was another sound - a voice - and she whipped her attention around to meet it; the stranger used the language of warriors.

With her pulse still racing, Bean paced as she came closer. She dragged her heels a bit and tried to collect herself before the sudden appearance of the dark woman - and then grinned at her, looking equal parts foolish and accomplished despite having failed miserably. The geese had been a distraction for herself - but this, finding someone, that had been the goal. Heya! She gasped, then took a second to breathe, although Bean impatiently ploughed ahead with speech anyway, sounding exasperated and worn out: Didn't mean to get so close, but I was busy with homplei - oops! You're quick though, lady. Didn't expect to see another gona around here.

Little did she know she was speaking to an alpha.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette frowned as the other started talking. It was a small female and probably young too. Instantly she thought that this female could be a friend for Keoni. However, she didn't even know if this female wanted to join them. Plus, Valette wasn't too pleased she was hunting on their geese. At least Valette felt like they were theirs to hunt as they were almost in their territory.

"Ah what?!," she frowned. The female said some weird words Valette didn't even know. She probably wasn't from around here. Valette raised her tail along with her head. "Those geese, or whatever you call them, are for my pack, not for you," Valette stated. She wasn't falling for all the innocence, not after the latest attack on one of her pups.
4 Posts
Ooc —

She was taken by surprise more-so by the lady's posessiveness over the geese. They weren't across that invisible line - but she had to let that go, because she was sort-of right. Bean wouldn't have passed further beyond what was necessary to chase them anyways. It irked her somewhat that they were disregarding the obvious failed attempt; there was no chance Bean could've grabbed herself a goose. Maybe it was the fact she'd been trying at all that set the other wolf off.

Look, lady, Bean cut in quickly, unable to hold off as her irritation took over, I didn't catch anything. Your precious birds are fine. I was just having some fun chasing them. Sheesh. Her tail whisked the air as she spoke, then lay prone against her tawny hocks. Do you treat every stranger like this? What kind of gona are you - actually, no, don't answer that. She paused verbally at that point, pacing a few steps back from the guard. Just take me to your leader. Rather be talking to someone important anyways and get myself a home for the winter. Tut-tut, move along, when she finally stopped talking she was looking at Valette expectantly, the way one might look at a secretary.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wasn't impressed with the small female before her. She raised her brow a bit as the female talked. The female spoke with a lack of disrespect and she continued with that tone. A pack wolf was always ranked higher than a lone wolf. Valette shot a rather disgusted look at the other, a rare thing for the female to do.

"I don't have to take you anywhere. You are talking to the leader of this pack," she spoke coldly. Valette found that she had the right to be protective of her pack and of her lands. She didn't treat every stranger like this but as the female was becoming more disrespectful Valette felt less likely to be nice to her in return.

Valette raised her tail and made herself bigger. "And I think you have said enough. Why don't you make sure to go far away from our borders," she growled lowly. This lone wolf didn't deserve a good family home like Easthollow.