Stone Circle don’t worry about what might’ve been, just tell the jury that your sorry
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Private 
HEY YOU! I decided that I want t Zeke and Val thread asap! (Whenever you have the time <3)

Ezekiel had been really enjoying his time with the pups, with his family. He actually had a family, not even just the pack, but real blood children! They had come from him, and he loved them with all he had. Unfortunately as of now only one of his children seemed to love him back, but he was working on it. Today however he was out to visit another part of his family. @Valette. He hadn’t gotten to have much solo time with her, and honestly he didn’t know where they stood as of now.

It was getting late, and the sun was falling over the horizon by the time Zeke made it to Val’s den. He hoped the pups might be resting, so he could catch her alone. He chuffed lightly to call her out, waiting patiently with his tail wagging.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
YAY!!

Valette didn't expect Ezekiel to visit her when the night was beginning to fall. She was more lenient with her cubs coming home later even though the wolverine attack had been recent. Valette popped her head from the den and looked a bit surprised. "Zeke," she greeted and climbed from the den.

"Did you want to see any of the pups?," she asked, she assumed that he didn't come here for her. "They should get their sleep soon though," she commented and glanced at the den. She wondered how things were going. She hoped they were more accepting of him but then again, he made that mistake himself by not joining earlier.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel smiled when he saw Valette come from the den, she looked beautiful as always. For a moment he remembered when nothing was wrong between them. When they had first met and become friends. He wanted that back, and he realized then that he would do anything to get it. She asked if he had come to visit the kids, and shook his head softly at her words. No I came to visit you. He said, a soft hum in his low voice. How have you been lately? He asked for a starter.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was a bit surprised that he came to visit her. She didn't hide her surprise either. He had shown a bit of his worry during the pregnancy and at the night of the birth. But after that day he hadn't seen him again. Perhaps birth had startled him or her intense need to protect her babies, making him feel unwelcome. Still, Valette saw him as an adult guy that shouldn't be too afraid of what had happened. These were all her assumptions. She didn't know if they were right.

"Me? Oh well, I've been good," she spoke in return. She did find the sudden interest in her quite strange. Why now? She had needed a man even though she didn't like to admit it. Luckily there had been Keoni, Nikai and Nanook to help her. Later on, even Murdock stepped up being their protector. "You have been absent," she commented then, not turning around the fact or asking how he was doing. He had been gone. She was glad that she never lied to her pups Steady was their dad. Now it was all on Zeke himself to have a bond with them.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Me? Oh well, I’ve been good. Valette replied, and he sounded a bit surprised. That surprise in her tone once again made Zeke feel guilty. He should’ve come and visit her more often, and been a good friend/ sperm donor/ father to her children guy. He had failed that, like he failed at a lot of things. The root of most of Ezekiel’s issues was his fear of messing up and failing, which usually lead to him not trying, which ultimately lead to the failure that he so badly feared. He but his lip at her next comment, looking down as he tried to think of a worthy response.

I know. I shouldn’t have. I’m trying now though. And I miss you, so I am trying to make things better. I even apologized for being judgmental and rude to Murdock, but I’m pretty sure I just made him think I was weird, so that happened. He said, the thought of his failed apology attempt sort of made him chuckle. It was a little funny, and it had been such a humiliating moment for Zeke. Not just the apologizing and thanking part, but the fact that it had kind of been rejected. A big oof for the large grey wolf.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was never one to hide too much of her feelings. She would usually say instantly what she thought or felt. With Zeke it was different. She knew he was a good guy but sometimes not very tactical. He admitted that he missed her. But that wasn't really her fault. He hadn't been around, again. Zeke had a way of isolating himself but also damaging the connections he had with the wolves he was close with.

"I didn't know you disliked Murdock in that way," she spoke. "But he is quite close to Steph. She even thinks he is her dad which I don't really like." It wasn't even that, it was also the quickness Murdock showed interest in her. When the pups were shown to the pack he stayed back and kept his distance and now only a month or so later he had asked her to kiss him and told her often she was attractive. It made her feel a bit flustered as she just knew him as a hardworking pack member, nothing about his history or what he liked.

"You should have been there. I tried to do damage control as much as you could but you have to do this yourself to convince the kids," she then spoke. She didn't even lie to them. Before she had been tempted to say Steady was their father. She was too honest. She didn't want to do that to Zeke. And then there was the fact that he missed her. "Zeke... I don't know about this.... us. We reconnected after your return and then you took a seat in the background. I thought you disliked our kids, that is why you didn't come around to see them. Not even when I introduced them to the whole pack," she spoke, looking a bit upset about it.

"And now you say you miss me? I'm sorry but I don't understand. I never shut you out, Zeke. I gave you a chance to be back in my life and then you don't. Why didn't you stick around and help me with the pups? I would have welcomed you." Valette let out a soft sigh, it almost sounded sad. She battered her eyes at the male. She didn't know what to think of his 'I miss you'. Now it felt to her that he just missed her and that she should roll over and be happy about it. "It just feels strange to me to hear from you that you miss me after not even talking to me since the pups were born. Can you picture how that must have been for me?"