King Elk Forest of a boy ruled by the sun, burned by the things he could never touch
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

speaking with mato sometimes feel as if he were speaking to an ethereal being, an otherworldy creature sent to live amongst wolven kind. delight does not know if he agrees with morwinyon's sentiment but he can, at least, understand. "i don't think i ever told you this, but the pack i grew up with - there was a rock slide, destroyed the whole thing, everyone." the last person - the only person - he's told this story to was brienne, and he has to pause and swallow a lump in his throat. but talking about the story itself feels fine, doesn't bring back the old hurt it used to. "i mean, i got closure but - it hadn't been too long after that i first met you and -- well. a door opens. you're right." he finishes awkwardly. it is part of the reason why they - he - became so important to him in the first place. when delight was at his worst, mato saw something worth extending a hand toward.

he can't help but laugh a little, though he stops himself from saying i've noticed to mato's face. they're closer than he thought they'd ever be but he still idolizes the morwinyon too much to become too familiar. "i'm kidding," he says. "it's good if you aren't ... moping. i'd be," he adds, and looks briefly at the ground. moping is exactly what he'd been doing, albeit not for something lost but for something never to be gained.
Messages In This Thread
RE: of a boy ruled by the sun, burned by the things he could never touch - by Ariel - November 26, 2017, 06:40 PM