King Elk Forest there is a sleeping dog under this dialogue [packtivity]
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
tags are for ref!

one by one they pile in, gracious, jomyo, queenie and mona. he spies @Kota as well and gives him a slight nod. nathaniel -- well, he's probably with burke, and troy.. he hasn't really seen troy around in a bit. delight ignores the tiny spark of anxiety that once again their numbers seem to be dwindling despite his best efforts, catching sight of brienne as she turns away. 

he swallows and pulls himself back together. right. "thanks for coming out," the morwinyon says. "so, as you all know, i serve as tindómë's historian. and since none of you were present for our founding, i thought it would be beneficial to share some of that history with you." he pauses, glancing at the swollen moon above. "plus, it just kinda seems like a good night for sharing stories, doesn't it?" 

the androgyne manages a small smile, and sits, his tail coming to rest across white-tipped toes. "so i'll start us off, and then maybe we can take turns." he has no idea if any of them will actually be into it but also, he's morwinyon and they have to indulge him, so, hah. and if nothing else he'll have imparted a little bit of history. he clears his throat.

"as some of you may know, i'm our second morwinyon -- the first, our founder, being mato," he gestures to the prince with what he hopes is a casual and not slightly lovestruck expression, "who brought us all together on the day when the sun turned dark for just a moment. mato - and brienne - had come from a pack known as northstar vale before deciding to found their own home on the principles of knowledge and skill, and how one contributes those things, rather than a traditional hierarchy. 

they discovered me while still traveling toward the forest we would eventually claim for our own, and i readily agreed to join their forming ranks. also among our founding group were nova, mato's sister; and burke, his grandfather, who some of you may have met; burke's mate malice; and trajan and eucalyptus, who would not stay with us long but who, nonetheless, should be remembered for being present at our conception."
he pauses, hiding his slight grimace as he recalls the rise and fall of their membership. being abandoned stings the morwinyon more than he'd like to admit, even if it's not personal. it feels personal to the boy who's had to lose so much in his young life.

"we are still in our youth as a pack, but i believe we should lay the foundation in preserving our history as it is happening - both of our individual members and of the pack as a whole. it has been, at times, rocky and uncertain, but we are still here, and i'm glad for that, and for all of you." he pauses. "okay, i'm done being sentimental. have any of you met the king elk yet?"
Messages In This Thread