Duck Lake now that i'm old, i sing for it
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
he’s still a ways off. tweety, feel free to pp him joining blondine in your post, if she’s not too far off from the valley

The clouds that had gathered overhead days ago had foretold a coming storm—a storm he believed he had faced once already, a long time ago. But the moment the snow started to fall in place of rain, he knew that it was not the same forces at work but something different—not new, he’d experienced snowfall before, but different and greater than ever before. He spent much of the storm cooped up with Reigi, lending her his warmth and ensuring she was safe. And though he’d made several failed attempts at braving the weather, Indra’s absence had gone unnoticed until after the blizzard subsided.

Though as soon as he’d caught on, her fiery pelt nowhere to be seen and her scent notably stale, he felt instant regret; perhaps there was something he could have done to aid her, had he not been so distracted. Alexander didn’t linger on what could have been for long as he hastily made his way through the valley and towards the exit—a foolish move, as his rash decision and wild motions made maneuvering through the snow far more difficult than it could have been. But he did not give up—grew frustrated, yes, but did not give up. And he was eventually able to rid himself of the powdery snow and found what he considered stable grounds to stand on, continuing onward across the crisp snow, hardened by fine layers of ice.

Howls reached his ears and drew him forth but he remained a fair distance from either of them; there were patches where the snow had yet to harden that he continuously sunk down into, his steps uneasy as he proceeded partially blinded by the glare. Two howls, both voices familiar, meant two of his packmates were out there—he couldn’t leave either of them to fend for themselves, he had to find them.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Indra - February 03, 2018, 04:04 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Blondine - February 04, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Indra - February 04, 2018, 11:49 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Xan - February 05, 2018, 12:54 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Laurel - February 05, 2018, 05:11 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Blondine - February 05, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Indra - February 05, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Xan - February 11, 2018, 07:15 AM