Blackfeather Woods i didn't sign up for this--but emily did
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Maybe it was best that it was Nyx that came and not her teacher nor her brother; the latter, especially, would more admonish her for straying outside the border than comfort her, she thought. The young woman's soothing tone reached her ears, and despite her panic, her breathing grew a little steadier, though her heart still thudded wildly in her chest.

"Nyx," she gasped, shuddering with fear. Her head moved back and forth like a pendulum, hoping in vain she could shake the grasp from her neck. "Help m-me. Get it off me." Maegi's voice was a pitiful whimper, a far cry from her usual confident, if still childish, manner.

She cringed as the other wolf sniffed at. . .it. Recoiled at the quiet circular beast as her mother had recoiled upon seeing her slimy, just-born body--though she didn't know that.

Was this a curse from the gods? A punishment handed down for not following her brothers, not remaining loyal to the only family that had been there for her since the beginning? Was she to wear this yoke forever, a scornful reminder of her betrayal? It would hang from her skinny old neck one day, a symbol marking her for always as blood traitor.

With a whine, Maegi scratched at her neck once more, her tiny claws scraping so hard she tore her flesh, just above the right shoulder. Scarlet blood, stark white against her pelt, oozed down her leg, steaming in the snow.
Messages In This Thread
i didn't sign up for this--but emily did - by Maegi - February 15, 2018, 01:28 PM
RE: i didn't sign up for this--but emily did - by Nocturnal - February 15, 2018, 03:22 PM
RE: i didn't sign up for this--but emily did - by Maegi - February 16, 2018, 07:41 PM
RE: i didn't sign up for this--but emily did - by Kove - February 18, 2018, 03:19 AM
RE: i didn't sign up for this--but emily did - by Nocturnal - February 26, 2018, 12:37 PM
RE: i didn't sign up for this--but emily did - by Maegi - February 26, 2018, 11:25 PM
RE: i didn't sign up for this--but emily did - by Kove - April 11, 2018, 03:03 AM