Sheepeater Cliff we made our homes in different places
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
He wanted it over and done with - every last bit of his trauma, expelled. There was no way to do that though. Everyone would ask him about his face, want the real story, and he was tired of it. But he couldn't lie to these two. Rannoch mentioned that he defended Screech against the wolves of Moonspear and he managed a thin smile in return, and with a sigh began his tale.

It started with Blackfeather. He hastily outlined the basics of that: thinking he'd found Raven but it was really someone else; his broken leg and subsequent imprisonment; escaping with Cassiopeia; watching Elwood chase her off, breaking Screech's promise. I healed with Raven's help, and wanted to stretch my legs a bit. So I got some runs in - then patrols, further from the Caldera every day. His throat constricted as he thought of the next stage, of Moonspear and he flash of white that was the pale sister - Galaxy, that had been her name, from what Liffey had said.

I got pretty close to Moonspear and I was... I was just gonna say hello, I guess. Try to make a good impression. This girl comes running at me outta nowhere, then dropped. I just... I don't know, He realized this was the full truth pouring out of him. I panicked, I.. I ran. He pressed himself in to Liffey as he felt his voice shake but that didn't silence him entirely.

I tried to go home but they were preparing for the war -- I wanted to keep them all safe, so I ran from there too, and ran right in to.. to Hydra, He couldn't even say her name without choking on that name, spitting it out like it was some kind of poison he shouldn't touch. The next thing I know she's... Well, all of them, they were all there and grabbing me and... I blacked out.

He sighed and fell silent, leaving the rest to their imagination.

Messages In This Thread
we made our homes in different places - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 21, 2018, 06:26 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Coelacanth - February 28, 2018, 11:49 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 02, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 03, 2018, 08:49 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 03, 2018, 11:43 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 04, 2018, 10:09 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 05, 2018, 08:31 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 01:04 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:30 AM