Sheepeater Cliff we made our homes in different places
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

Despite the rocky introduction Screech found he was glad to see the Corten; the stress of the girl's sudden appearance waned and Screech slipped closer to her, giving her a careful nudge with his nose as if to say, it's alright. He didn't let himself become absorbed by Coelacanthe yet, especially since he couldn't exactly introduce her without knowing her name. Thankfully he was a quick study when it came to nicknames, and explained to Liffey hastily, I met her on the beach a few days ago, she's part of this big family called the Cortens. They're really nice - made me miss everyone.

He hadn't told them the worst part about his encounter with Hydra yet, and remembering the rules that Hydra had enforced in regards to his family made Screech's throat constrict. His attention wavered a little as he stared off in to space, but then he refocused. I can't go home Liffey, the boy murmured mournfully, Hydra said she'd kill me if I ever tried. And then I ran in to her mom — she threatened the same. I go deep in to the valley or anywhere close to the Caldera, and they'll... He was suddenly unable to put a voice behind the concept.

It took Screech a moment to compose himself again and regain some semblance of normalcy. I've been living in this place on the coast with some nice strangers - they call themselves Ravensblood. He looked between his two greatest allies as he mentioned this, searching their faces to see if they knew what he was talking about as he quieted.

Messages In This Thread
we made our homes in different places - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 21, 2018, 06:26 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Coelacanth - February 28, 2018, 11:49 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 01, 2018, 09:15 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 02, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 03, 2018, 08:49 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 04, 2018, 10:09 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 05, 2018, 08:31 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Titmouse (Ghost) - March 06, 2018, 12:55 AM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - March 10, 2018, 01:04 PM
RE: we made our homes in different places - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 08:30 AM