Moonspear leap of faith
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
"You're not the only one," said Charon when Gannet admitted that he didn't understand. Charon didn't get their reasonings, and he didn't get how they'd played nice for so long and then spat in his face on their way out, told him to be better or... whatever. None of it made sense to him. Hopefully they'd move far, far away, because he sure as hell didn't ever want to see their faces again.

The 'sorry' visibly surprised Charon. It hadn't even really occurred to Charon that they might've left because of Gannet, and because of what'd happened with Galaxy. Titmouse, he knew of, or at least had suspicions about, but he hadn't really tied all of these things together until now. Realisation dawned on him, again visibly, as he suddenly realised that it all came to what Alya'd said; they had been disloyal from the moment Galaxy had died and they didn't think Titmouse or Gannet had any part in it. They didn't understand. They didn't care about Galaxy's death or any of it. No better way to piss off a father.

"Alya told me about it — how they felt and that they weren't loyal," he said to Gannet. "I should've listened and thrown them out then, but I wanted to somehow believe that it wasn't true, wanted to give them a shot and see if something really didn't go wrong. Their parents... They were my friends." Eshe, Osprey... In both cases he hadn't gotten along well with the fathers, but he had never expected this. "But I guess wolves are not their parents." Charon looked at Gannet, who might become an example of that. So far he hadn't left them, at least, which to Charon was proof enough that he was different from his Redhawk parents. "You aren't to blame in this. Assuming you didn't tell them to spit in my face and turn their backs on us." He quirked an eyebrow at Gannet, a serious expression on his face, though was at the ready to exchange it for a grimace as soon as Gannet denied this; it was intended as a joke, but somehow it came out more serious than intended.
Messages In This Thread
leap of faith - by Charon - March 05, 2018, 06:30 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Gannet - March 05, 2018, 09:16 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Charon - March 06, 2018, 06:52 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Gannet - March 07, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: leap of faith - by Charon - March 08, 2018, 09:17 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Gannet - March 08, 2018, 10:46 PM
RE: leap of faith - by Charon - March 14, 2018, 04:02 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Gannet - March 14, 2018, 08:51 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Charon - March 15, 2018, 06:58 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Gannet - March 19, 2018, 09:06 AM
RE: leap of faith - by Charon - March 20, 2018, 03:16 AM