Bearclaw Valley can you still sleep, the way i used to?
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was an immediate change to her posture and it calmed the male if only slightly, feeling his point to have been made and status heard. But that was not where their interaction was meant to end, that was not where the words would stop flowing from either of their mouths. She had more to say and, again, he listened—where this patience, however thin it was, had stemmed from, he couldn’t tell. It was there, though, and offered him the ability to not only hold his tongue for a short while but, also, rein himself back in and hide teeth behind lips; they made a brief appearance moments later, a flicker of white, at the suggestion that he wasn’t good enough—that her comment on Laurel deserving better went so much deeper than that, he was unaware.

But that all meant little to him after hearing the word leave.

Anger flared and his lips twitched but, ultimately, it was his worry that won out. “You won’t leave,” he stated—nearly commanded, even. “Laurel said she’d stay here, so she’s going to stay, especially since she’s carrying my… my children.” Saying that threw him off for a moment, the full weight of the matter crumbling down over him similar to how it had when he’d realised Reigi was with young. Forcing the thoughts from his head, he focused back on the fiery girl. “You’re not taking them away from me—or Laurel.” Although he did not love her, not like he did his wife, he did care for her. She was his friend and he wasn’t going to let her, or their children, leave.

Attention fled towards the raven, though his gaze flitted back and forth between them; whilst Indra was clearly riled, the other woman was relatively calm, but he sided with neither despite what that little voice in the back of his head told him. “Enough,” the albino ordered, staring down the tailless female, before swinging his head towards his mate, too. Both of you.” Though the way she postured was not threatening, her no didn’t help the situation. And although he liked hearing her voice, he wanted to diffuse the situation as best he could and avoid any further confrontation before things escalated beyond his control.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Messages In This Thread
can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 05, 2018, 10:55 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 06, 2018, 06:55 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 07, 2018, 08:00 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 08, 2018, 08:16 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 17, 2018, 08:33 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 17, 2018, 12:21 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 17, 2018, 12:41 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 27, 2018, 04:45 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 27, 2018, 10:04 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 27, 2018, 11:36 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - April 24, 2018, 11:36 PM