Heron Lake Plateau Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
With the threat of another attack moot, Towhee didn't attempt to control it when her face screwed up incredulously. He had denied his very identity and relationship to her and still expected her to welcome him back anyway? What kind of total bullshit was that? Did he know the first thing about her? She bit back any sort of actual verbal retort, listening despite herself. If what he said was true, Hydra had really played Towhee in a way. It made her stomach knot, though she reminded herself that it didn't really matter anymore. The past was the past. It was time to look to the future, start fresh and leave all this bad shit on the other side of those mountains.

She was tempted to tell Screech his friends could go jump, though she knew that would go over like a lead balloon. She didn't like making the offer much more than she had yesterday, especially after the kerfuffle, but Towhee ground her teeth together and said, "I'll extend it to all three of you. But you and them will have to prove you're worthy of trust and respect." She didn't bother mentioning love. Perhaps, in time, they could get along, but she just couldn't see herself loving Screech at this point in time. "You'll have free run of the plateau, other than where we're keeping the pups. It's Uncle @Elwood's and Aunt @Finley's call when you're welcome there, if ever." She shrugged one white-streaked shoulder.

"This plateau belongs to the Redhawks," she finished in the next breath, "not any one wolf. If you're a Redhawk again—and your friends are too—then it belongs to you as much as it belongs to me or anyone else." There was sort of a begrudging look on her face as Towhee relayed this, because she didn't much like it, but it was a fact she would stand by. "Final offer, Screech."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect? - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 04:13 PM