Heron Lake Plateau You know I had heaven and hell in the palm of my hand.
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
She'd finally done it- she'd finally caught a heron. 

Well, it wasn't like it was one of the larger ones, but that didn't matter to Niamh. She'd been trying to catch one since Screech first pointed them out. She was very incapable of catching say a great blue heron, or an egret, but she had proudly been able to catch a black capped night heron- a much smaller version of the others, with dark feathers along the top of its head giving it sort of a grumpy look. It had been quick, but she'd been able to snatch it before it was able to lift off the ground where it had been wading in the shallows. 

The feathers had a nice sheen to them, so she plucked a few that had a blueish tint to them and buried the bird in a cache. Not that it was terribly important this time of year, but she still felt inclined to do so. Had the thought occurred to her that there might be puppies on the way, she might have had more reason to bury food in a cache- but such things still went over her head. With the few glossy black and blue feathers in her mouth, she climbed up the side of the plateau toward where her den was. At first, she thought the sound she heard was just the feathers flapping against the side of her face, until she realized that the sound actually belonged to another wolf, making their way up the plateau as well- one she recognized instantly. 

Seeing the red-tailed hawk with her, she instantly spat out the blueish black feathers, figuring it might offend the bird. She didn't even consider the fact that X was actually a predatory bird, and might not mind the feathers of a bird it might otherwise eat- but she decided to err on the side of caution. She approached her companion, and, with a grin she wasn't able to stifle one bit, she made sure she was in Towhee's line of vision before she signed. "Hey Towhee! I'm Niamh. How are you?" The introduction wasn't necessary- but she only knew so much, thus far, so she was going to use everything she had.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You know I had heaven and hell in the palm of my hand. - by RIP Niamh - May 09, 2018, 11:54 AM