Broken Boulder I don't know what you're expecting of me
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
There's a hint of hunger on the merle-coated woman's face but she turns down the berries. Liri nods in acquiescence; she's not going to force her to eat it if she doesn't want to. 

"Well, if you change your mind, you should probably get them soon. They get all soft and gross before too long," Liri wrinkles her nose at the remembered taste of spoilt fruit. 

"That you are," Liri agrees. The healer can't help but think that Queenie doesn't seem particularly happy to be here. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Bracken Sanctuary itself, but rather the expecting she-wolf just seems unhappy about her lot in life generally.

"Hey, I think it's good you're here," she blurts suddenly. "This place needs some kids running amuck and I think you'll be a great member. It's been awhile since I've had any girl friends to talk to."

"I wouldn't be too worried if you don't feel exactly at home yet. I felt the same way," 
she confides softly, scuffing her paw in the dirt. One of the pink berries is smashed beneath it. 

"I was in bad shape when I joined my old pack. They almost sent me away. I don't think he wanted some scrap of a girl days away from giving birth. I felt like I was the worst freeloader in the world." 

There's a sad twist to her features, for she is here and her son is not. 

"This place is different. I don't think Alarian would have thought twice about it. It's a good place," Liri explains with the hopes that sharing this about herself will make Queenie feel better.

Maybe Liri can't make Queenie feel better. Maybe there's more to it than she knows. But who would she be if she didn't try?
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
I don't know what you're expecting of me - by Síff - May 27, 2018, 03:14 PM
RE: I don't know what you're expecting of me - by Síff - June 09, 2018, 10:01 AM