Broken Boulder now i'm feeling things, so be sure
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri rested her head against his side, too short to reach his shoulder. She nuzzles him almost subconciously in response to his affection as her chocolate eyes fall shut. 

Between the swimming and playing, she's tired and sore and could definitely sleep against Kavik. 

But Kavik has other things on his mind, particularly a question about her leg. It makes her the tiniest bit self-conscious; Liri hates feeling like she's being stared at but has come to accept it. 

Kavik's muzzle brushes the crown of her freckled head and the feeling of insecurity is replaced by one of safety. Kavik wouldn't blame her; he wouldn't tell anyone her stories. And besides, she's already promised herself that she won't lie to him. 

With a nervous clear of her throat, Liri tells her story. Her voice is hushed, her eyes dart about, afraid somehow speaking of it will make her come back. 

"That's a long story. I guess it starts at my old pack, Broken Antler Fen. I didn't know them when I joined, I just... I was trying to escape something. I wasn't okay. I was pretending I was but..." She can't finish. The dreams, the nightmares, of the man who tore her open, of the tiny cave where she fed on rats. Her voice freezes in her throat.

"I started wandering. I'd leave the Fen and search, for what I don't know. But I came into heat one day while I was out there," she shifts shyly, unable to look at him when she says it. 

"It's no excuse...but I'd never been in heat before. I didn't have a mother or anyone really to prepare me for it. I just didn't think. When Horosk found me... I just couldn't think. I left after, afraid they'd kick me out or kill my pups if I stayed and was found out."

"But I didn't really have an easy time of it. I ran into a couple of lone wolves, mostly males, and got into a couple of fights. I was already injured when Kelina found me," 
her voice is strange now, she's somewhere in the past. 

''I'll never forget her. She knew Horosk, I think they were related," she thinks again of their purple eyes, "But she couldn't get to him. So she took me, to hurt him I think. She made sure I couldn't run," Liri murmurs, staring at the outstretched leg. 

It looks shredded. It lacks fur in some spots, a patchwork quilt of red and white and pink. Once hearing the story, it's impossible not to see what happened. It looks like something a pack would do to a deer to bring it down; grabbed in powerful jaws and crushed, twisted, until it was no longer functional. 

Liri raises a wary gaze to Kavik, searching his face for any sign that this has changed how he feels about her.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 07, 2018, 01:19 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 07, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 07, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 07, 2018, 05:24 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 08, 2018, 11:02 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 08, 2018, 11:34 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 08, 2018, 12:09 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 08, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by Síff - June 09, 2018, 10:29 AM
RE: now i'm feeling things, so be sure - by RIP Kavik - June 09, 2018, 07:45 PM