Heron Lake Plateau The clock may run out on us.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,008 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn't hear Elwood's approach or his question, of course, but she sensed his arrival and looked up to see the stricken look on his hoary face. "It was an accident," Towhee explained, answering the question she hadn't even heard, "she was exploring the mountain south and west of here. She fell. X saw it all, though there was nothing he could do."

And it wasn't that she blamed the bird, nor thought he needed to make up for it. In fact, she felt sorrier for him than she did herself, thinking of how awful it must've been to witness Orca's tumble and feel so utterly helpless. But as she glanced at him—he had swept down to stand near Niamh—a thought occurred to her.

It wasn't the time or place to voice it yet, though. This hour was for laying Orca to rest. "We'll need to pick somewhere to bury her." Towhee paused, lower lip wobbling. "I was actually thinking of doing it on The Roost. It's central, it's safe, it's peaceful... a good place to rest." It would be difficult carrying the body through the water, though Towhee was more than willing to do that if the others agreed it would be a suitable final resting place for Orca.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
The clock may run out on us. - by Towhee - June 21, 2018, 09:54 AM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by RIP Niamh - June 21, 2018, 12:10 PM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Colt RIP - June 21, 2018, 03:06 PM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Elwood - June 21, 2018, 07:02 PM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Tegan - June 22, 2018, 03:43 AM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Towhee - June 22, 2018, 08:41 AM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by RIP Niamh - June 22, 2018, 01:11 PM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Colt RIP - June 22, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Elwood - June 27, 2018, 07:53 AM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Tegan - June 27, 2018, 08:43 AM
RE: The clock may run out on us. - by Towhee - July 03, 2018, 06:48 PM